Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Enroll in NHL Promo and Earn Double Starpoints?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

I recieved an email to enroll in the "Let Sheraton Take You to the Stanley Cup(R) Finals!: promotion.

After I enrolled by clicking on the link in the email and using my exisiting SPG account, I received an email back entitled: "Earn Double Starpoints!" and:

Congratulations! You are now a Starwood Preferred Guest®.

Your Starwood Preferred Guest membership number is: XXXXXXXXXXX.

You are now registered to win a trip to an NHL Stanley Cup game. And if you arrive on a Friday or Saturday at a participating Sheraton by May 15, 2004, you'll enjoy 20% off weekend rates! Book Now.

Please present your Starwood Preferred Guest card or membership number at the hotel upon check-in to ensure your stay earns the bonus.

If any of this information is not correct, please contact your local Customer Contact Center.

Click here to log on to spg.com and update your Starwood Preferred Guest profile.

With no blackout dates at over 750 hotels and resorts in more than 80 countries worldwide, you can redeem your Starpoints any time you want to go anywhere in the world. Now that's True Redemption.

I think the system may think I am a new member, but I am happy about the double starpoints! ^
Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:52 am

I got the same e-mail, but it doesn't say anything about an earning period for double starpoints. The only menntion of the double starpoints is the subject line. My guess is that we will NOT be receiving double starpoints...but I hope so!!
Old Apr 8, 2004, 12:20 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I received this email too.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 12:37 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
I was going to post this too -- got same here. Maybe they just used the reg. confirmation from a template of a past promo???
Old Apr 8, 2004, 12:41 pm
ski

Rate detail under wonderful weekend rate double starpts.

Check under rate details under "wonderful weekend " rates, it should say double starpoints.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ski
Check under rate details under "wonderful weekend " rates, it should say double starpoints.
Thanks, I just noticed that myself. Too bad I don't have any weekend stays (wonderful or not) coming up to actually participate in this contest/promo.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 3:50 pm
Suspended

i got the offer but nothing about double starpoints. here we go again....

^_

edited to add: the original email i received didn't mention anything about double starpoints.

but the confirmation email i received from spg about the contest says: "Earn Double Starpoints!" in the subject line but doesn't mention anything about it in the body.

actual body text:

"Congratulations! You are now a Starwood Preferred Guest®.

Your Starwood Preferred Guest membership number is: xxxxxxxxx .

You are now registered to win a trip to an NHL Stanley Cup game. And if you arrive on a Friday or Saturday at a participating Sheraton by May 15, 2004, you'll enjoy 20% off weekend rates! Book Now < http://www.starwood.com/preferredgue...rch/index.html >

Please present your Starwood Preferred Guest card or membership number at the hotel upon check-in to ensure your stay earns the bonus.

If any of this information is not correct, please contact your local Customer Contact Center.

Click here <https://www.starwood.com/preferredgu...unt/index.html >to log on to spg.com and update your Starwood Preferred Guest profile.

With no blackout dates at over 750 hotels and resorts in more than 80 countries worldwide, you can redeem your Starpoints any time you want to go anywhere in the world. Now that's True Redemption."

hmmmmm

Last edited by fly co to see the yanks; Apr 8, 2004 at 3:54 pm
Old Apr 8, 2004, 4:02 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
I got the same email that fly co to see the yanks got. Subject says double starpoints, but no reference to it in the body of the email. So now I am registered for the sweepstake, but have no clue regarding the double points.

I tried looking for the wonderful weekend rates to which ski refers, but can't find that anywhere, both on spg.com and sheraton.com. Can someone tell me where I can find that link?

Many thanks!

Edited right after my post to add following:

And now all of a sudden I received THREE more of the SAME email!

Last edited by choptliva; Apr 8, 2004 at 4:05 pm
Old Apr 9, 2004, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by choptliva
I got the same email that fly co to see the yanks got. Subject says double starpoints, but no reference to it in the body of the email. So now I am registered for the sweepstake, but have no clue regarding the double points.
I presume if I got an email that says "Earn Double Starpoints", I will get double Starpoints, one way or another.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by nologic
I presume if I got an email that says "Earn Double Starpoints", I will get double Starpoints, one way or another.
I do hope you are right. Don't mind getting double something, since I was not targeted for the Double Double. On the other hand, the email also thinks we are new spg members, and I'd rather not presume that I am one
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by choptliva
I do hope you are right.
while hope is nice, i wish someone from spg would weigh in on the subject. where are the back-up lurkers?

regardless, i am holding onto my email that says "double starpoints."
Old Apr 14, 2004, 9:38 am
Suspended

SPG Lurker(s) care to comment? Thank you.

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
while hope is nice, i wish someone from spg would weigh in on the subject. where are the back-up lurkers?

regardless, i am holding onto my email that says "double starpoints."
bump. thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 9:47 am

Stay posted but no double points

Well, I just completed a stay last weekend. The stay credit and points were posted a couple of days ago, but no double point bonus. Still hoping....
Old Apr 14, 2004, 4:41 pm

I'll check and post a response after getting some clarification.

Diana Kaeding
SPG Supervisor, Program Services
Starwood Preferred Guest
Old Apr 15, 2004, 12:45 pm

Sheraton brand is offering a sweepstakes with the National Hockey League, offering members a chance to enroll to win a trip to the Stanley Cup finals in June. The registration page and details can be found at http://www.starwood.com/preferredgue...ml?promoID=NHL.

Sheraton is offering this in conjuction with an offer of 20% off a two-night weekend stay, but a person will receive an entry just for registering and will be eligible without a stay. However, each stay at a participating Sheraton hotel in the U.S. and Canada through May 10, 2004 will qualify for an additional entry.

As to the issue of the registration confirmation e-mails with the subject "Earn Double Starpoints", this is an error as there is no Starpoint component to this offer. We're in the process of getting this error corrected.

Regards,

Diana Kaeding
SPG Supervisor, Program Services
Starwood Preferred Guest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.