Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Platinum Chat in the new program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
It seems even on SPG apps some properties don’t participate while some are super responsive and this is on legacy Marriott properties.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
No, because that would be customer friendly & empowering
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Even though I generally dislike chat, I have to admit I found the SPG version useful. The most important feature is that it was non-intrusive and didn't keep popping itself up like on some other sites.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Are we talking about web chat w/ Cust Svc or app chat with a property with which you have a current rez or are currently staying at? I used to use an app chat feature with the JW Bogota quite often - usually dialing in car service from the airport. I also used to to arrange hotel car service back to the hotel from around town because the taxi situation is extremely sketchy there.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Are we talking about web chat w/ Cust Svc or app chat with a property with which you have a current rez or are currently staying at?
Since the SPG chat was for (Platinum) customer service, I assume that's what the discussion is about.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Since the SPG chat was for (Platinum) customer service, I assume that's what the discussion is about.
Ah, OK, thanks for the clarification.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Are we talking about web chat w/ Cust Svc or app chat with a property with which you have a current rez or are currently staying at? I used to use an app chat feature with the JW Bogota quite often - usually dialing in car service from the airport. I also used to to arrange hotel car service back to the hotel from around town because the taxi situation is extremely sketchy there.
I wish Starriott kept the best of both worlds when they merged by keeping Web Chat available for Platinums or at least Gold and above but I for one appreciate the Chat feature on the App whilst staying at a hotel as that simplifies things for me communication wise.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Marriott Platinum chat support?

Does this exist? With SPG this was really convenient.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:32 am

It had been Bonvoyed and no more available
I remembered they said it had been suspended during integration but seems to be gone

Originally Posted by vanabb
Does this exist? With SPG this was really convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.