Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should my status be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
What should my status be?

Can anyone help me figure out what status I'm supposed to have now for SPG?

1. I completed a Marriott Platinum challenge in 2017.
2. I created my SPG account in 2018.
3. I linked my SPG account to my marriott account in April.
4. I completed 23 stays over 40 nights before August 18th.
5. The SPG/Marriott systems merged
6. I completed 2 stays over 2 nights after August 18th; so far only 1 of the 2 have posted.

Right now my SPG status is showing as Platinum. I thought that I had read earlier that I was supposed to be PP though based off my my linked status.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Relevant discussion here:

Some snippets
Called MR and rep told me that because of the challenge I technically only earned gold status and they bumped me up to platinum. I said that I was platinum last year and all of this year and that that all the materials stated that platinums would be mapped up to PPE. She said they only way to map to PPE is to stay 75 nights. I protested and said that wasn't what the materials said before the merger but she said she asked a supervisor and they told her the same thing. I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back.
Well the theory was that PPE status would only be granted to those with 75+ actual nights, and NOT to those with LTPP or who had completed the Platinum challenge from the MR side. Following Popperian reasoning, a single counterexample is enough to disprove it. I am one such counterexample (granted PPE after initially showing just Plat) and in the last few days there have been many more (both from LTPP and the Platinum challenge).

Last edited by CPRich; Sep 1, 2018 at 10:52 pm Reason: Updated to show the second snippet was a quote from elsewhere, not my thoughts.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Did you call or submit a request to fix it? From the snippet, it doesn't seem like the CSRs are willing to help.

I'm pretty hesitant to call until my last stay posts though in case they decide that I should be dropped to gold.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
As one more data point, my account initially showed Platinum (from a challenge) immediately following the merger, but it was updated to Platinum Premier in the last few days.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by CPRich
Relevant discussion here:

Some snippets

Well the theory was that PPE status would only be granted to those with 75+ actual nights, and NOT to those with LTPP or who had completed the Platinum challenge from the MR side. Following Popperian reasoning, a single counterexample is enough to disprove it. I am one such counterexample (granted PPE after initially showing just Plat) and in the last few days there have been many more (both from LTPP and the Platinum challenge).
I have around 80 nights with SPG in 2017 i.e. SPG Platinum 75 for 2018. After merger and before combination I was correctly granted PPE, but after combination I only got and am still PE... Contacted Marriott support but not helpful at all... Just ask me to wait.................
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by flandery
Did you call or submit a request to fix it? From the snippet, it doesn't seem like the CSRs are willing to help.
As noted, no one I contacted was willing to "fix" it because they said it was how it was supposed to be.

Then some time over the last 2 days it was "fixed".

I was going to credit Starwood Lurker, just returning from vacation. He did look at it, but it was already flipped by the time he checked, so some time between my last post (and I checked before posting to be sure), Thursday, and mid-day yesterday, updates were made.

So the earlier post the "Lifetime Statuses are now correct" wasn't the last word - changes are still occurring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.