Recent stays missing, were on old SPG

Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Cool All we need is just a little patience...

With all due respect - it says it right there in the screen shot (and on my own spg app with 2 stays / 3 nights from July missing and my Marriott app with 3 nights from last week still missing):
"some recent stays may be missing. We are working to fix this".

So to everyone worryied: Please, just chill. Really. They know it. They are working on it.
My account is also 6 nights short because of this, and I am 100% sure everything will be fine next week or at least two weeks from now.

There are more important + urgent issues, e.g. making sure all reservations for the next few days got migrated intact and people needing to book a stay for the upcoming days

Last edited by zap7; Aug 23, 2018 at 12:51 pm Reason: Added July + August for my missing stays in case people want data points
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by uxb
Wasn't WoH a name change? In any case, it is my understanding that SPG stays from 1 Aug are affected by this problem, and it should be resolved by Friday when they announce even more bad news.
I hope the bad news on Friday is not that they removed my Elite Platinum status. I just booked a 7 night stay for November just because of Platinum (and it's not like Hong Kong has too many choices in Hiltons). Anyways, I hope you are right that the August SPG stays not posting will be resolved on Friday as I made the mistake of having a stay in a Westin where I checked out on August 19th.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
I stayed at a Le Meridien 8/18 - 8/19 and then a Fairfield 8/19-8/20 and neither of those have shown up yet, though I assume (hope) they will soon. I'm more concerned about the fact that my reservations for next week seem to be only sorta-kinda migrated over...if that's not fixed over the weekend I'm going to have to contact support, and they must be slammed at the moment :/
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Just to update this: after Friday the stays did show up in my account activity page but they did not add to my year to date stay count nor lifetime count...

I'm thinking to give it a little more time to see if upates and then call in a week or few if not, fortunately I don't have any spg side stays for a while. Had anyone else experienced similar??
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa
Just to update this: after Friday the stays did show up in my account activity page but they did not add to my year to date stay count nor lifetime count...

I'm thinking to give it a little more time to see if upates and then call in a week or few if not, fortunately I don't have any spg side stays for a while. Had anyone else experienced similar??
i dont know when this happened, but after reading your post i checked the app and the two 4 night stays (that represent my missing ytd total AFIK) that werent showing up before are now visible.... So they seem to be making at least *some* progress...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa

I had a 3 night stay from Aug 11 that is now appearing in my account activity page as well. The total points had been included in my initial conversion, but like your experience, the nights have not yet been added to my YTD or lifetime nights count.
I also (foolishly) had a 1 night stay on Aug 17 and that hasn't appeared yet in any form.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Similarly, my four missing July/August SPG nights now show in "activity" but have not been added to the total.

My single August Marriott night (8/10) is still nowhere to be seen.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
still missing all my stays since late july that were previously showing on my account before the merger....also missing 4 stays i had on the 17th, 18th, 19th & 21st of this month....none of these stays have posted....
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I am in the same situation. And I really do not understand why we received ZERO e-mails to update us since the 18th. Is it that hard to update us with a tentative date of resolution?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Still don't know how people are handling this w/o Flyertalk support. I'd be losing my mind

My deal: went from 46 nights YTD to 43 YTD after the merger. I can even tell them the 3 stays are that are missing (not displayed on new SPG site, but when i click on the old SPG link, they are displayed. This at least gives me hope the data will eventually work... but man)

Booked 2 stays week of the merger. They haven't posted. Glad to see others are experiencing the same so I'm not calling them and spending an hour on hold

Credit card spending (I went heavy on SPG Amex before 8/1) hasn't posted

I was 4 nights away from LT Gold under old SPG rules. Now, I have no idea what's counted/not counted since the lifetime counter is incorrect. Even though they claim I can make it under old SPG rules, my confidence in their ability to 1) Track it 2) Actually have LT Gold displayed after meeting the requirements is little. If somehow I lose my ability to make LT Gold, despite their reassurances..... man. But if they can't get this all fixed, how are they going to qualify people under old SPG/MR rules and figure it out? I don't know..

At this point, the only way we can respond to this is via our wallet. So for me, no more SPG/MR bookings (I have 3 nights booked for vacation in October to get LT Gold... booked 12 months ago), no more SPG credit card spending, no more sponsoring company events at SPG/MR hotels. I was planning to just hit my 55 night requalify with Hyatt, but I just added 5 nights that SPG would have gotten, and now I'm aiming to get the bonuses for hitting 70/80 nights with Hyatt.

I'm hoping this will be solved by October so I can get LT Gold, but the lack of communication is not only startling, but very, very discomforting. It makes me wonder if they even fully understand the extent of every issue - and how many more issues are being discovered daily?

I was pessimistic when the merger was announced, but was impressed by Marriott's early response (3x point conversion, plat status at MR, etc etc), but have now gone back to being pessimistic about it. Meanwhile, I'm currently at a Hyatt for 5 nights with a confirmed suite upgrade (Andaz Singapore studio suite - amazing room) and then off to Grand Hyatt Tokyo where I'm confirmed for a 1k square foot suite. Why should Marriott receive any more business when Hyatt goes out of their way to make me happy? (I'm also one of the lucky few with an amazing Hyatt Concierge)
Duke777 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:56 am

My stay/points on August 15-18 at a Sheraton resort finally posted today on my SPG account. Still have a separate account from my Marriott stays. My Residence Inn stay on August 18-21, posted yesterday on my Marriott account. Everything appears to be current now.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Only my post 18 AUG stays at MR legacy properties have posted to my combined account. stays at legacy SPG properties have not yet posted. funny enough one of the legacy MR stays are reflected in the nights count (current and LT) points ticked up but it is not reflected in my activity. I merged from the MR side.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My points have appeared from my stays at a Westin August 15 to 17 and August 17 to 19. But I only got 500 points from the green choice (they did not get multiplied by 3) and I did not get the welcome gift of points. And I did not get upgraded. Unless they count putting me near the elevators as an upgrade.

At least it still shows that I'm Platinum. Now I will merge the accounts and forget that I did not want this merger to happen. I have to move on.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.