Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Please bring back the grid [style of results from property search]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please bring back the grid [style of results from property search]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
please please get the grid back....i miss the old spg website....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But I bet you never saw anywhere near that many hotels every, anywhere, in a an SPG search, simply because SPG was a much smaller, and far superior, program in terms of properties.
Bolded text added and not in original quoted text.

Last edited by hhoope01; Sep 4, 2018 at 2:05 pm Reason: clarity around what was the original quoted text.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sabai

Please don't put words in my mouth!. To me it was not all superior. For example, much worse with rates (where I needed to stay) if you didn't want to advance purchase.

You shouldn't insert new words into a reply (without at least explaining in your reply that you did), that makes it seems to many as if it was part of the original person said.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Keyser
please please get the grid back....i miss the old spg website....
+1

It wasn't perfect, agreed, but this new format is awful.

For example, for Toronto at the end of the month it shows 63 available properties and its a hassle to scroll through them in the current format.

There is no possible way that a focus group of frequent travellers would have preferred this layout.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
+1

It wasn't perfect, agreed, but this new format is awful.
Agreed! Why do I need to edit my search in order to switch between seeing a special rate OR a points redemption? Surely wanting to compare a discounted rate (e.g. seniors rate, corporate rate) against points is not some sort of weird preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.