Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

four points properties - breakfast for platinums?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Hello all,

Im a long time marriot user, never really stayed much at the spg side.

I'm currently a platinum in the new combined program (however this was through spg match, so it may get downgraded) while my wife is a confirmed platinum in the new program, via ritz carlton rewards credit card.

I've got an upcoming stay in October at the four points in Halifax, Canada.

I'm trying to figure out whose account to book it under - my wife has guaranteed status and the perks that come with it, but no points currently (which means I have to wrangle them up and into her account first).

I have points in my account but not sure if my status will stick.

So, do platinums get free breakfast in four points? From what I've read, lounge access is not a perk for four points (they dont have lounges, is my understanding?)

If there is no free breakfast/free breakfast perk at four points, I'll book under mine. If there is, I'll book udner my wife.

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Yo will get breakfast in lieu of points. It used to be 250pts/ stay at 4 Points but I think that is now only 500 new points. The restaurant at the Four Points Halifax is actually separate from the hotel, upstairs in the Mall IIRC. The Hotel is on a lower level in the same building. If you were Platinum in either program before you should still be in October AFAIK.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fizzer
Yo will get breakfast in lieu of points. It used to be 250pts/ stay at 4 Points but I think that is now only 500 new points. The restaurant at the Four Points Halifax is actually separate from the hotel, upstairs in the Mall IIRC. The Hotel is on a lower level in the same building. If you were Platinum in either program before you should still be in October AFAIK.
thank you

is breakfast the default option, or do i have to ask for it instead of points?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Usually you'll be asked but some hotels default to points. I can't remember that particular hotel. Depending on the rate differential the Westin is a lot nicer IMO. The breakfast is better there too.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
The (pre-merger) requirement for breakfast is that they offer a continental breakfast, for 2 people.
Some go beyond this, by offering a buffet breakfast, or a buy-up to a buffet breakfast, or $X off the menu when ordering a la carte. and some offer just the required level of a continental breakfast.

There is a thread with a wiki listing the breakfast options at many but not all SPG properties; the 4P you stay at isn't listed.

Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
The (pre-merger) requirement for breakfast is that they offer a continental breakfast, for 2 people.
Some go beyond this, by offering a buffet breakfast, or a buy-up to a buffet breakfast, or $X off the menu when ordering a la carte. and some offer just the required level of a continental breakfast.

There is a thread with a wiki listing the breakfast options at many but not all SPG properties; the 4P you stay at isn't listed.

Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012
Pre-merger, yes; post-merger it just says "breakfast." Not that there appears to be anything in the terms preventing the property from defining that as continental (or less!), but at least nothing in the terms expressly limits the breakfast to continental. See here, scroll down: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi

There is mention of continental breakfast as a lounge offering in part 4.3.c.iv of the terms and conditions but nowhere else in there as of now. (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi)

So, who knows what the 4P will have on offer! Might be worth contacting the property directly for information if the breakfast is important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.