Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Platinum Concierge - Extremely Long Hold Times

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium

Been trying to get through to Plat Concierge since yesterday with no success. Currently on hold for about 45 minutes (and still going), with previous attempts going as long as 30 minutes before I hung up. This is for a reservation related problem, and not a system upgrade issue.

Anybody have much luck getting through? If so, how? (I could call the hotel directly but they're in Kenya and I'd prefer to avoid the international call)

Obviously there are plenty of people calling in because of the program mergers, so the long hold times are understandable, but still very frustrating.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Well, you got it

It's gonna be this way - there's just going to be no stopping people calling in panicking because they lost their points/stays aren't posting/some data in my account is wrong. Give it a week or two and be ready to make your own fortune in the meantime if you need help. My third mega-program-merger experience after UACO and USAA, same old, same old.

I will say say that customer comms has been worse in recent months anyway, as responses from email queries which used to come within a day have been routinely ignored, the new webchat feature is abysmal and not even referenced at all within the new site that I can find, etc etc. At some point, merger blues will give way to frustration even here if this continues, but for now, I'll sit tight and wait for it to play out a bit more.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I got through pretty quickly today to fix a points reservation for this weekend.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ckendall
I got through pretty quickly today to fix a points reservation for this weekend.
I got through immediately. I even mistakenly called the Gold desk (not Plat) and made it right through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.