Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG AMEX Posting Issues Post-Merger [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG AMEX Posting Issues Post-Merger [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Exclamation SPG AMEX Posting Issues Post-Merger [Master Thread]

My Amex spg points from August 15th hasn’t posted to my SPG account yet. Does anyone know when This should happen? I thought all points from August 1-17 will post on the 18th. Has anybody received their points from this period? Thx
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, CET Diamond, MGM Gold
I haven't received the points yet either
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Gold
My August Amex SPG points have not not posted either.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:48 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I have this issue as well. My statement closed Aug 16.

My hotel stay from Aug 16/17 is also missing so I am hopeful it will be sorted soon.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I received an email from Amex at the first of the month indicating there would be a delay in the posting of points to SPG for statements with close dates of August 1 - August 18. I assumed all card holders with statement closing dates within that timeframe received same.

This makes sense because statements in that date range would have a combination of earning Starpoints and Marriott Points since Amex stopped issuing Starpoints effective August 1.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by controller1
I received an email from Amex at the first of the month indicating there would be a delay in the posting of points to SPG for statements with close dates of August 1 - August 18. I assumed all card holders with statement closing dates within that timeframe received same.

This makes sense because statements in that date range would have a combination of earning Starpoints and Marriott Points since Amex stopped issuing Starpoints effective August 1.
My SPG AmEx close date was 8/2, and the points posted today...to my Marriott account.

YMMV as always with the insane varied data points of the past couple days
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
My SPG AmEx close date was 8/2, and the points posted today...to my Marriott account.

YMMV as always with the insane varied data points of the past couple days
My statement close date was 8/13 so it shouldn't be long.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I’ve been having a somewhat different issue with my SPG AMEX. It’s a new account that was opened at the beginning of the month, and the first statement closed last week. I’m told by AMEX that they sent my SPG number over to SPG two weeks ago and they are still waiting for the number to be “verified” by SPG before they’ll send my points over.

I’m hoping the delay was due to the integration date (perhaps due to new SPG account numbers being issued?) and it gets resolved in the coming days.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:21 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by dw
I’ve been having a somewhat different issue with my SPG AMEX. It’s a new account that was opened at the beginning of the month, and the first statement closed last week. I’m told by AMEX that they sent my SPG number over to SPG two weeks ago and they are still waiting for the number to be “verified” by SPG before they’ll send my points over.
For anyone else having this issue, Amex on Twitter is the only one who has given me any helpful information so far. (Calling in or using chat just gets me a robotic reply of "your SPG number has been sent over for verification".) Amex on Twitter was able to confirm to me today that my (old) SPG number was rejected (even though it was sent over well before the integration). They tried inputting my new SPG number but it did not take either. I suppose I'll wait a few more days and try again.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:32 pm

AMEX indicated they would enter a ticket since mine didn't post either. However they then said points were pending with SPG until the next statement. This is clearly wrong, as every other month the points post within days after the current statement is available. This same explanation was given on my AMEX Hilton once when there was a similar issue. Has anyone else been told this before?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:38 pm

If we combine accounts, will amex spg card start posting to the Marriot account?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
My Aug 17 statement doesn't even tell me how many points I earned. It simply says "to view your points balance, see SPG.com" in the box where it normally tells me number of points earned.

Of course, during that week, Marriott gave me both new Marriott and SPG numbers and now my account is merged under my new Marriott number. I guess I'll wait a week or two and see if something posts and then start complaining......

Does anyone know whether we are supposed to inform AMEX (and similarly Chase for the Marriott card) of new account numbers?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I am also still having this issue. My statement closed 8/3 and I never saw any points posted to my SPG account and nothing transferred over. I'll give it a few days before calling.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jasonz9238
If we combine accounts, will amex spg card start posting to the Marriot account?
My August AmEx points (Jul spend) already posted to my Marriott account, and I haven't combined yet...don't think I had a choice in the matter.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
Same exact issue for me. Points not posting, loyalty number not linking. Non answers from both Amex and SPG. I guess time will tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.