Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New SPG & Marriot APPs (Available for download)

New SPG & Marriot APPs (Available for download)

Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:00 am
Original Poster

New SPG & Marriot APP -Lost Lifetime SPG status

The new SPG and Marriott APP for iOS are now available to download.

Lost lifetime status in the new APP...

Hope it is an error for entry into the new Marriott lifetime status?

Last edited by LukeSky; Aug 19, 2018 at 7:30 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:05 am

Thanks for the information,
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
HEAVY WARNING - take a screen shot of your legacy SPG stats on that overview page before downloading

I might be an outlier at the moment, but I updated both apps, and I am unable to log into the SPG app (or site) with my old info, to generate the new 9 digit number and see my legacy SPG stats
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:41 am
Original Poster

It looks like they made my SPG account convert into a new Marriott account. When I logged into the SPG app, it told me I had a new (Marriott) number that is associated with the account.

So now that I have 2x Marriott accounts, it will probally take a few days to reflect everything correctly and any new lifetime Marriot status.

After that, I should be able to merge both of my Marriott accounts into one account that reflects everything combined for LTPP.

Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Making some progress. August stay credit still need to be reposted to get the correct night count for this year and my LT night count is 70 more than it was before--perhaps they added in more nights for credit card nights which Marriott people got in the past but didn't count with Starwood--or they are still updating the numbers. SNA expiration dates are also a bit messed up but my Ambassador does not see any expiration dates on her end so they are apparently still working on that as well. Not able to get the points refund for some upcoming St. Regis stays as that functionality is not quite ready. Got the new number for a few of the accounts I manage and aside from the above issues, things are basically correct. Should take another few days to sort everything out and then we can merge the old Marriott account with the SPG account.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Making some progress. August stay credit still need to be reposted to get the correct night count for this year and my LT night count is 70 more than it was before--perhaps they added in more nights for credit card nights which Marriott people got in the past but didn't count with Starwood--or they are still updating the numbers. SNA expiration dates are also a bit messed up but my Ambassador does not see any expiration dates on her end so they are apparently still working on that as well. Not able to get the points refund for some upcoming St. Regis stays as that functionality is not quite ready. Got the new number for a few of the accounts I manage and aside from the above issues, things are basically correct. Should take another few days to sort everything out and then we can merge the old Marriott account with the SPG account.
Here's an interesting one - my SPG LT total (newly updated, overstated) shows my old SPG LT total (the correct total) plus my current year SPG nights (so double counting the latter). Weird.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Lufthansa M&M FTL, FlyingBlue, Air Berlin Top Bonus
Switching over from old SPG to new Marriott account went without problems in the app.

However, same as with OP, my lifetime status is also showing incorrectly right now (Lifetime silver instead of platinum premier elite status - I should have 10 years Platin and 791 nights). I contacted SPG Im sure thats something that will be fixed soon.
Luckily in my case, I had lifetime platinum with SPG and app shows 791 nights now. So I dont think there will be any need for me to prove anything.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by tillephone
Switching over from old SPG to new Marriott account went without problems in the app.

However, same as with OP, my lifetime status is also showing incorrectly right now (Lifetime silver instead of platinum premier elite status - I should have 10 years Platin and 791 nights). I contacted SPG Im sure thats something that will be fixed soon.
Luckily in my case, I had lifetime platinum with SPG and app shows 791 nights now. So I dont think there will be any need for me to prove anything.
No reason to contact them about LT status as that won't be updated until 2019 as was already announced. After a week or two, if your number of years is wrong, that would be something to contact them about. The number of nights, I am assuming will be sorted out in a few days. My number of nights was exactly 70 more while it it showing 72 nights to date. (3 for August so far were taken off so I assume those will get added back in along with the credit card points and other delayed postings for this month).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:48 pm

Anyone know how to pull cash and point rates in the new app?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by talfred
Anyone know how to pull cash and point rates in the new app?
Looks like we end up with the Marriott app functionality for now. There was never any stand alone button to click to see cash and points rates on the Marriott side. You have to check the use points button and then go through each hotel on the list to see if there is availability. So it can be quite a tedious process--especially in places like NYC with a very long list of hotels. Hopefully once the merging of everything is complete, they can start to work on getting some better functionality in the app/on the website but I wouldn't expect it any time in the near future.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: MYOB
3 steps backward

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Looks like we end up with the Marriott app functionality for now. There was never any stand alone button to click to see cash and points rates on the Marriott side. You have to check the use points button and then go through each hotel on the list to see if there is availability. So it can be quite a tedious process--especially in places like NYC with a very long list of hotels. Hopefully once the merging of everything is complete, they can start to work on getting some better functionality in the app/on the website but I wouldn't expect it any time in the near future.
Absolute downgrade. The inability to check multiple rate types (SET / Points / Cash&Points / AAA come to mind) Having to toggle in/out of a hotel multiple times to check a rate is a huge step back. seeing multiple locations and rate types in a grid, was outstanding. This has been mentioned countless times on this forum and I am sure others. Marriott either is tone deaf to the customer preferences, or lacks the technical capability to pull it off. One HOPES that a net new, APP release will be the next step, and incorporate much of the features just lost from the SPG app.... but one needs to breath... so don't hold your breath. Full website is just as bad. Pick ONE rate choice.
A LOT of the goodwill gained in in April, when the combined program info was announced, and it looked like we were being given a somewhat fair shake......is dissipating.. FAST
Oh well.... Was good while it lasted.

Last edited by xzh445; Aug 19, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.