Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
July/August Marriott stays are finally posting. SPG stays still not included in total nights, although they do show in "activity."
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Same Here

SPG Stays not posting ... though they do show up in activity.

Very simple item for them to correct - I really don't want to waste time calling Marriott.

Called an upcoming property last week - not a good experience. Guess it's true we've
been spoiled all these years by SPG.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by choco
SPG Stays not posting ... though they do show up in activity.

Very simple item for them to correct - I really don't want to waste time calling Marriott.

Called an upcoming property last week - not a good experience. Guess it's true we've
been spoiled all these years by SPG.
I miss my SPG!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Stay after 15 Jul finally posted... But for stay close enough to 18 Aug cutoff day (like in my case, checked out on 17 Aug) they calculated using the new chart... which may or may not give you more points v.s. Starpoints x3 under the old system… But they forgot to post my 500 Pt welcome gift Starpoints / 1000 points...

Also for missing nights seems Marriott has removed the 2nd room night from my night count for 2018 i.e. one night even you've 2 or 3 rooms booked... Waiting for Marriott representative to confirm if this is the case...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up Sheraton stay from a week ago posted on UNmerged account

Without merging accounts, I logged into my Starwood account this morning and my 1-night award stay from a week ago Tuesday night had posted (0 + 0 + 1000, ie, Plat Welcome Bonus only, for a Sheraton).

So I don't think the recent postings are due to merging accounts, just due to delays.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I understand that Marriott bought Starwood and Marriott is the winner, Starwood is the loser. I understand that the winner gets to decide what parts of the loser sticks around and which parts go away. I understand that an acquisition is wrought with problems that could not be planned for. I understand and have worked on complicated conversions and mergers. And I've been pretty empathetic and tolerant throughout the process.

But give me a freaking break Marriott.

I can no longer e-mail hotels via the website? I can't apply SNA's to pre-take over reservations without calling, and when I do call the 'platinum' agents have no freaking clue what they are talking about...no more than what my coworker would know? I log in and the first thing see is "Unfortunately there's an issue displaying some of your reservations. Please check back later. We apologize for any inconvenience." with zero explanation and, well, nothing more...for more than two months? I can't redeem my Marriott free night certificates for well, a free night? I hit 100+ nights w/ Marriott more than two months ago...where is my ambassador to help me navigate the S-Show that is the Marriott IT takeover?

And you're not communicating with me / us about any of this? Real customer service, IMO, would involve you, Marriott, proactively contacting me about the status of the problems, acknowledging the problems, setting a timeframe for resolution. It would not be and, in fact, is not customer service to put up some worthless FAQ website. Customer service would be an e-mail. It would be a push of information, not a pull method. At least, that's what my company does..it pushes information to customers via phone or email...not a website.

Sorry...just a rant. I've been patient. it seems Marriott thinks I'm also dumb.
EDIflyer, UA-NYC and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Looks like Sheraton hotels have been completely and what it looks like successfully moved to the Marriott platform now. Checked all my upcoming reservations and they show up correctly. For once something that seems to have worked.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
I called the platinum SPG # and after making you suffer the pushing buttons the line just hangs up no matter what button you hit.
I hate Marroitt! its CRAP!
remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mellon
I called the platinum SPG # and after making you suffer the pushing buttons the line just hangs up no matter what button you hit.
I hate Marroitt! its CRAP!
Same here this morning. I called back, pushed 3 for French and got through to an agent right away. I asked if he was in Montreal. He said no, but didn't volunteer where he was based.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.