Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by SK
I can't login to either of my accounts today (haven't merged them yet). Getting the same message as adunker.
I have unmerged accounts and cannot login either. Don't think it's isolated to just merged accounts
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yes. Last year to do so. Probably have to track it manually.
Crazy we have to track it manually. Lots of Plats are requalifying on stays. Surely they could have kept this till the end of the year?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Crazy we have to track it manually. Lots of Plats are requalifying on stays. Surely they could have kept this till the end of the year?
I'm sure (hope) the system will track it, but the advice to keep the accounts separate is so YOU can clearly see what's going on without having to keep doing the math to back out the non-SPG properties,. Keep the accounts separate and book legacy SPG properties via your SPG account.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Yes - I think it's pretty clear in hindsight (even in foresight) that the mid-year combination was both rushed as well as not the smartest thing to do
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
1) Cannot log on either website this morning "due to unprocessable condition"

2) both apps still work, though stay and night counts are wrong

3) SPG AMEX points are now two weeks late.

anyone else having similar problems this morning (Wednesday, August 22nd)?
anyone with any idea when this mess gets fixed?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus

Yes, same issues. The apps seem like they are working, but I still can't complete a booking through them.

Fingers crossed that everything comes back 95% functional later today.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:47 am

Trying to log into the website and getting "We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later." I'm still logged into the SPG app.

I'm trying to get my ambassadors contact information since the app only displays the platinum line. Marriott communication is terrible...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:58 am

I tried both SPG & Marriott using both account number and email with no luck. I use a different email for SPG than Marriott. Accounts are linked, NOT, merged.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I'm glad I have this thread - I too am experiencing login issues today (and missing stays and missing points) and am happy to see its not isolated to me - but man, I can't imagine what those w/o access to this thread are thinking - this has be super frustrating to casual travelers trying to make a reservation or even just check in on upcoming bookings. Or wondering what it means to be linked vs merged (FT explained it better to me)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Please correct the following and try again.We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.

This issue since this afternoon... was planning to book my trips for September... was thinking to switch to hilton but was hesitant, I will definitely.
Hope this mess will soon be fixed.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Can you imagine owning a franchised property and being reliant on this idiotic mess for bookings?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Can you imagine owning a franchised property and being reliant on this idiotic mess for bookings?
Many other avenues available... You can call the property to see if they are willing to book a rez, the OTAs (including corporate services) are most likely working just fine. I'm sure they are not shutting down for trivial issues and will be back up as quickly as possible. And I wouldn't be surprised if their site is not a major source of bookings, just like FT members are a very small proportion of program members.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:22 am

Can't book an spg property with points for days now, phoned up and still told can't do it!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Priceline, Trivago, Hotels.com, Orbitz, et al, should send nice a Thank You basket to Marriott’s IT team.

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Sabai

Priceline, Trivago, Hotels.com, Orbitz, et al, should send nice a Thank You basket to Marriott’s IT team.

Hilton too
I would never book SPG or Marriott with 3rd party but booked my September stays (30 nights, as usual) with hilton and Hyatt... at least hilton has a promotion running and I'm pretty to get my points without running after them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.