Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yvr76
This is what I had to do as well.

When I tried to set a new password, it wouldn't accept a 20 character password with special characters in it (#, & etc). My old SPG password had these special characters as well too. Once I regenerated with only letters / numbers it was fine.

My SPG account also had my email removed since it's shared with my Marriott account. I just used another one for now. Neither of my accounts have lifetime years indicated anywhere (though nights are available and generally correct).
Ahh - that might be the issue - I've got a securely generated one by LastPass that had a few special characters in it, that may well be the issue! I can appreciate they may not know this is the case (as the password is presumably stored in a hashed form) but would have thought they could have warned members!

Entering membership number also doesn't work (as it's looking for the new one that you don't yet know!). Email worked, although I thought for a minute it was going to reset my Marriott one instead.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Cannot Book SPG properties - shwon as SOLD OUT

Tried to book some SPG hotels for an upcoming trip. No matter Marriott web site or SPG, both showed SPG hotels SOLD OUT. No problem in booking Marriott hotels though.
When will system be fixed?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:33 pm

Where are the SPG stays?
Are we still entitled to earn Platinum thru 25 stays?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kodansha999
Where are the SPG stays?
Are we still entitled to earn Platinum thru 25 stays?
Yes. Last year to do so. Probably have to track it manually.
kodansha999 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
can't even login... Tried both accounts
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Is anyone getting this error on attempting to login?

"We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later."
SK likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
My lifetime nights with SPG and Marriott are both wrong, and off by a factor of several hundred. To confirm, lifetime nights = nights throughout my lifetime at each respective brand, or just for this year?

Should I combine accounts now or wait?

Also, asking for a friend who will qualify on Plat this year with SPG on stays only. My advice to him was to not combine the two accounts for now given the qualify on stays in SPG Hotels piece, is that info correct?
For you, I would recommend you wait until your data is correct for both SPG and Marriott. If you combine now, it may combine incorrect data, making it harder to tell if some but not all of it correct, which got corrected and which didn't. By keeping your accounts separate until it's all corrected, you can tell which account is correct if only one of them is correct.

For your friend, I would recommend not combining until that 25 stay goal is reached, on the assumption that it'll be easier to track with separate accounts than with combined accounts. (Of course, though, stay progress is one of the things that is broken on the SPG site, in that it's not displayed at all right now.)
RogerD408 and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by adunker

"We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later."
i just received the same message when trying to enter my info to merge accounts!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Still can't merge accounts. Even tried using the Google Chrome incognito mode trick and won't process on the last step. Frustrating for sure as I've been trying for a couple of days now.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
... I was thinking about what would make this systems outage worse, and there's one thing that SPG and Marriott have been successful at avoiding.

giving us things and then taking it away

... haven't seen anywhere yet about "gave me points/status/nights/stays but took it away"

So while it's not smooth, thanks Marriott/SPG for not promising things to then be unwound
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond

Update: I received the same mesage earlier this eve. Later, that message was gone & I was able to enter both my MR & SPG sign in information on the merge page. But while my points totals were correct, my lifetime nights were incorrect on the merge page. (They were correct when viewed separately in each of my SPG & MR accounts, however.) The incorrect lifetime totals on the merge page were actually my annual night totals. When I returned to the merge page about an hour ago, I decided to continue with the merging process despite the night totals being listed incorrectly. Once merged, my lifetime combined total nights displayed correctly in my new single MR account. Hope this helps someone who might be reluctant to continue with the merging process - as I was. It ended up working fine for me (so far). Hope there are no future surprises or difficulties.

Last edited by Travelosopher; Aug 21, 2018 at 9:05 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Originally Posted by Travelosopher

Update: I received the same mesage earlier this eve. Later, that message was gone & I was able to enter both my MR & SPG sign in information on the merge page. But while my points totals were correct, my lifetime nights were incorrect on the merge page. (They were correct when viewed separately in each of my SPG & MR accounts, however.) The incorrect lifetime totals on the merge page were actually my annual night totals. When I returned to the merge page about an hour ago, I decided to continue with the merging process despite the night totals being listed incorrectly. Once merged, my lifetime combined total nights displayed correctly in my new single MR account. Hope this helps someone who might be reluctant to continue with the merging process - as I was. It ended up working fine for me (so far). Hope there are no future surprises or difficulties.
another datapoint. I had the same experience - merge page had my annual nights total but once I combined, I had the right lifetime total in my single MR account - Marriott LTPP.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:34 am
kkl

Cant login. Merged account
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:10 am
SK

Exclamation Nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

I can't login to either of my accounts today (haven't merged them yet). Getting the same message as adunker.

Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:11 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by kkl
Cant login. Merged account
Same here. App is working, but website login seems down once again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.