Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Does anyone else have problems canceling or making a new reservations? Website, app, and call center can't assist me with a cancelation (can't even make a reservation earlier today and the app told me that the hotel doesn't accept my SPG Amex card ). This seems to be huge mess
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yvr76
This is what I had to do as well.

When I tried to set a new password, it wouldn't accept a 20 character password with special characters in it (#, & etc). My old SPG password had these special characters as well too. Once I regenerated with only letters / numbers it was fine.

My SPG account also had my email removed since it's shared with my Marriott account. I just used another one for now. Neither of my accounts have lifetime years indicated anywhere (though nights are available and generally correct).
My SPG password also has special characters. I still can’t login at all or reset my password.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:44 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I just managed to successfully combine accounts after a full day of the option to combine repeatedly appeared and disappeared across browsers and devices at different intervals throughout the day. After checking for it on my laptop and tablet only to receive no option to combine, I checked it on my phone and lo and behold, there the option was. A few taps [fun fact: they managed to misspell ‘Marriott’ with just one T on their own page!] later, I made Lifetime status, my nights and points pooled, my spend miraculously appeared and I was all set. Since I chose the new SPG number as my new member number going forward, my Marriott account zeroed out and I’ll be making all my future reservations through the SPG app until early 2019 when it gets inevitably shut down for an updated Marriott app with the number moving across.

Finally. Now to wait for the twelve missing nights and corresponding spend to post and I can put this merger ugliness behind once and hopefully for all.

khabah
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
not going to merge my account just yet .... in the middle of a trip and will be troublesome if the merge resulting in missing reservation etc.

Interestingly, I set same email address for RCR and SPG. Everytime I try to log in to SPG with email address, it will automatically log me in to my RCR account.
Need to use the new 9 digit SPG number instead.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Totally confused about what's going on. I logged in on spg.com, was given a new account number and both on app and web site my total nights is wrong, the stays appear missing, the number of stays is no longer reported (aren't we supposed to be able to qualify on stays only till December)? No indication of when this will be fixed nor whether we need to raise it or be patient.

Terrible.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:24 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The SPG app now shows an alert at the top for me that I should expect some SPG account activity is missing and that it's still processing. Which is at least more useful than the website, which still gives no indication that I should expect Marriott knows anything is wrong.

I also have never seen the "combine accounts" button appear on any platform, unlike some people, but since there's so much otherwise wrong with the integration I'm not sure combining yet would be wise anyway.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bgriff
The SPG app now shows an alert at the top for me that I should expect some SPG account activity is missing and that it's still processing. Which is at least more useful than the website, which still gives no indication that I should expect Marriott knows anything is wrong.

I also have never seen the "combine accounts" button appear on any platform, unlike some people, but since there's so much otherwise wrong with the integration I'm not sure combining yet would be wise anyway.
Agreed, plus, logging in via Starwood allows us to utilize the old "compare up to 4 rates grid" whereas Marriott does not have this. So I may wait til last minute to merge so I can keep using that tech
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Agreed, plus, logging in via Starwood allows us to utilize the old "compare up to 4 rates grid" whereas Marriott does not have this. So I may wait til last minute to merge so I can keep using that tech
How exactly do you get to that? That is the old web page that seems to have disappeared...SPG.com is now a skinned version of the (inferior) Marriott site.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
It looks like I've been shorted 11 SPG nights--I do not have the time, heart or energy right now to figure out from where. If Marriott didn't have the IT capacity to do a better job, they should have waited until they did.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm still missing a few nights from my stays in early august....also, i had 3 different 1 night stays in 3 different cities on the 17th, 18th & 19th nights....i've stayed at all these properties before & they always post the stay the day after i check out but so far i have not received any stay credit for either one of these stays....
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
How exactly do you get to that? That is the old web page that seems to have disappeared...SPG.com is now a skinned version of the (inferior) Marriott site.
Log on via the SPG site. Initially it looks like a skin as you described. Do a search and find a property in the city. Then click on the rate shown to choose a room. At the room level you will switch over URLs to starwoodhotels.com and will now see a new skin that appears to be the old starwood site. It has an option to use the change rates grid like always.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by rfrost
It looks like I've been shorted 11 SPG nights--I do not have the time, heart or energy right now to figure out from where. If Marriott didn't have the IT capacity to do a better job, they should have waited until they did.
Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm still missing a few nights from my stays in early august....also, i had 3 different 1 night stays in 3 different cities on the 17th, 18th & 19th nights....i've stayed at all these properties before & they always post the stay the day after i check out but so far i have not received any stay credit for either one of these stays....
It's a known issue and they are working on it. All stays from approx the past 45 days with Starwood are not posting for some.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by getagb

My SPG password also has special characters. I still can’t login at all or reset my password.
Try to reset it with one that only has alphanumeric.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
My lifetime nights with SPG and Marriott are both wrong, and off by a factor of several hundred. To confirm, lifetime nights = nights throughout my lifetime at each respective brand, or just for this year?

Should I combine accounts now or wait?

Also, asking for a friend who will qualify on Plat this year with SPG on stays only. My advice to him was to not combine the two accounts for now given the qualify on stays in SPG Hotels piece, is that info correct?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I haven't combined yet either. I'm going to wait for things to normalize before I even bother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.