Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I cannot login SPG with my old SPG member number. However if I enter my e-mail address instead, it works.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:26 am

And if I click on "overview" in my account, I can see both my old SPG number and my new SPG number.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:29 am

The iOS apps just came through for me Version 8.00 for both of them. Marriott's icon is blue now.

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Will there be any need to install an updated mobile app, or is that all staying that same going forward?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone been able to combine accounts????

is that option available right now????
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: UA*1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Now I have two Marriott accounts (and two Marriott account numbers), one being the converted SPG one... separate points and reservations, even though my accounts were linked before 18 Aug 2018. Hopefully they will automatically combine these accounts.

The "new" SPG website seems a facade of the Marriott website, but linking back to the old SPG site for existing reservations.

But at least they are up and running for bookings !
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Just checked into the Four Points in Auckland who kindly gave me my new SPG number.

Successfully logged into my SPG account, which shows the same status as my Marriott account.

Two issues I'm seeing:
1. Starwood account does not show any future reservations. Showing the message:
Unfortunately there's an issue displaying some of your reservations. Please check back later. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Can anyone else see theirs yet?

2. My Marriott account has 2 points bookings. Both had changes in the points required which took effect yesterday. The one I had the points for and ordered an e-certificate has been kept at the same rate. The second where I have not yet ordered the e-certificate has shown an increase in the points required, not honouring my original reservation.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Starwood team - happy to provide screenshots as required.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Obviously in the middle of things

Login to SPG with my "new number" (aka my Marriott number)
  • SPG balance has multiplied by 3... but only through SPG app, not on website
  • Missing 5 nights (SPG Amex?)
  • Status shows Platinum, even though I qualify for LTPPE
Login to Marriott
  • Shows 0 nights this year
  • Shows 0 points.
  • Platinum Elite (not PPE)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by shuuy
Login to SPG with my "new number" (aka my Marriott number)
  • Missing 5 nights (SPG Amex?)
Same here. SPG Amex missing is also my guess. I hope for 2018 we can get the 5 nights on SPG side (Amex) in addition to the 15 nights on the Marriott side (Visa). I know starting next year we'll get 15 nights and that's it; no double-counting even if holding two cards.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I don't seem to be able to log into the SPG iOS app, I tried new number, old number and email - neither seem to be working, always results in an error "we are unable to process your request at this time due to unprocessable condition". Marriott app login works fine, login on websites too. Anyone had similar issue?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by flyGreg
Now I have two Marriott accounts (and two Marriott account numbers), one being the converted SPG one... separate points and reservations, even though my accounts were linked before 18 Aug 2018. Hopefully they will automatically combine these accounts.

The "new" SPG website seems a facade of the Marriott website, but linking back to the old SPG site for existing reservations.

But at least they are up and running for bookings !
This is what I am seeing as well. Has anyone seen an option to combine accounts or transfer points from one to the other?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
New spg apps .... new skin of marriott app

mine show nights to date, points, spending correctly.
And it seems like I already passed the 20k threshold for ambassador but still need 22 nights
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by porkie
I don't seem to be able to log into the SPG iOS app, I tried new number, old number and email - neither seem to be working, always results in an error "we are unable to process your request at this time due to unprocessable condition". Marriott app login works fine, login on websites too. Anyone had similar issue?
Same issue here - I can login successfully on the SPG app, but then all it does is show my Marriott info (points, stays, LT, etc.)

Minor CF but as I don't need to book anything at the moment (thankfully) will see what transpires over the day
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Same issue here - I can login successfully on the SPG app, but then all it does is show my Marriott info (points, stays, LT, etc.)

Minor CF but as I don't need to book anything at the moment (thankfully) will see what transpires over the day
Try going to the SPG website (not app), select “clear remembered user” when trying to log in, then try to log back in with your old email and password
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I am able to log into both sites using the same log in info.

But i do not see my previously booked upcoming spg reservations. This is strange.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adelphos

Try going to the SPG website (not app), select “clear remembered user” when trying to log in, then try to log back in with your old email and password
thanks - when I do it I get this message

Unable to Sign In

This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later.

but IF I use my email and Marriott password from the SPG site, it logs in to the SPG-skinned Marriott site, and has all my Marriott info.

not quite yet ready for prime time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.