Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Hey guys, is it really wise to be jumping onto the websites before we are given the all clear? Personally, I would not trust anything there until they are done with their work. And heaven forbid making any changes or bookings that just might turn into vaporware is they have to roll back any of the data. Just a word of caution. Been there too many times.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I was on the site earlier and my lights started flickering and my Google Home voice now sounds like William. Is that normal?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
I was on the site earlier and my lights started flickering and my Google Home voice now sounds like William. Is that normal?
if only! i have found William to be far more helpful than google home, alexa or cortana!
FlyingPenguin and miles4CDG like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:43 pm

The website works now. I just finished my bookings with the new rates.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by myko85
The website works now. I just finished my bookings with the new rates.
Were your SPG points converted automatically? I only see the nominal Marriott points I had and nothing converted from SPG.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I was able to update my iPhone apps and on the new SPG app, I got assigned my new member number but twelve nights are missing from the final tally. Hopefully just working through the last kinks, otherwise it's time to pull out the old screenshots...

khabah
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My SPG app is prompting me to update (android). What I don't really understand is why are they supporting legacy systems like this? Unless they intend to keep them which doesn't make much sense either.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Were your SPG points converted automatically? I only see the nominal Marriott points I had and nothing converted from SPG.
Same here, I don't see any points moved over from SPG.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:04 pm

They were not converted automatically. I used existing Marriott points.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:10 pm

As of about 15 minutes ago, I didn't see an update to either the SPG or Marriott app in the app store (and I checked twice), then they were both available to update. I just downloaded the latest versions and saw my converted points balance and I was able to make a couple of reservations that way.

Edited: one of my reservations is totally wrong and when I go to cancel it tells me there's a cancellation fee but I double checked (and took a screen shot) indicating there's no cancellation penalty until March. Ugh, I want to cancel but don't want to get screwed on this penalty so I may wait until things get sorted.

Last edited by TimesTwo; Aug 18, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:21 pm

I logged into spg and was given a new membership number. The points were multiplied by 3 correctly but my number of nights this year is off by 5 nights (appears that my Amex nights didn’t come through but my last activity of 5 nights didn’t show up on the activities log so it can be either or)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:27 pm

My points were 10k short after the 3x conversion, and YTD nights short by 6 nights.. hope these will resolve on their own in a few days..
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:31 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Yikes

I see nothing but my plat ambassador status on Marriott. No other data came over from spg and I can't login with my old spg number. Even my reservations do not show . Blah.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I can login with my Marriott number but not with SPG number, SPG redirects to page that says login currently unavailable,
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I think activity after July 27th doesn’t reflect yet, as I’ve have 2 nights since then that don’t appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.