Wiki Posts
Search

SPG website down!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wish there would be a way to do the compare rates grid showing only SPG properties. I don't want to scroll through pages of Courtyard etc. "choices."
There is.

Not to pick on you specifically but....I hope we're not going to live through weeks of "I can't do it exactly the way I did on the old site and I can't bother to learn the new one, even though it can do what I want, I'd just rather complain".
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CPRich
There is.

Not to pick on you specifically but....I hope we're not going to live through weeks of "I can't do it exactly the way I did on the old site and I can't bother to learn the new one, even though it can do what I want, I'd just rather complain".
How do you do a compare rate grid on Marriott? I'd like to utilize that technology you mention exists
joanek likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Marriott has a brand filter - or you can sort by price? Lol
BEWARE.. Not sure about the New and Improved!!! website, but even as recent as last week, the Marriott website would show you the price for the FIRST night of the stay on the list of hotels, NOT the average price. I've had more than a few times where the most expensive hotel on the grid was actually the least expensive due to having a high rate for the first night and rock-bottom for subsequent nights.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
This is interesting: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...th-merger-day/
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by KRSW
BEWARE.. Not sure about the New and Improved!!! website, but even as recent as last week, the Marriott website would show you the price for the FIRST night of the stay on the list of hotels, NOT the average price. I've had more than a few times where the most expensive hotel on the grid was actually the least expensive due to having a high rate for the first night and rock-bottom for subsequent nights.
Yup. I learned about this last year or so - when Marriott first bought Starwood. Couldn't believe it. Makes it supremely annoying to have to dig through each property to find out the actual rate(s). But they are the new owners, so I'm sure that functionality shall continue.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
How do you do a compare rate grid on Marriott? I'd like to utilize that technology you mention exists
So would I. And I don't like that if I specify a rate, such as government, and it's not available - it just tells me the hotel is sold out. When I did a deeper dive, the hotel wasn't sold out, that specific rate wasn't available - but another rate was, which also fell within my per diem. Please bring back the compare rate grid so I can see if specific rates are available across hotels in a city.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by joanek
So would I. And I don't like that if I specify a rate, such as government, and it's not available - it just tells me the hotel is sold out. When I did a deeper dive, the hotel wasn't sold out, that specific rate wasn't available - but another rate was, which also fell within my per diem. Please bring back the compare rate grid so I can see if specific rates are available across hotels in a city.
And I liked the calendar search within the grid as well. Hilton has this feature too. Marriott... nada.
joanek likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
Yup. I figured this out this week when I was doing LNF's...........It was a gong show trying to figure out WTH the actual price was....I kept hitting the filter button for price and the prices were all over. I was so choked trying to navigate this website......
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Long live Starwood and SPG, long live the King...
The King has left the building!

RIP SPG
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:29 pm

So, as expected, a complete CF. Log in, can't log in, can book, can't book. I had a reward stay all booked but timed out on final stage. Just take it all offline for a day rather this intermittent BS that requires constant checking to see which part is working.

I already hate Marriott.
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
So, as expected, a complete CF. Log in, can't log in, can book, can't book. I had a reward stay all booked but timed out on final stage. Just take it all offline for a day rather this intermittent BS that requires constant checking to see which part is working.

I already hate Marriott.
Why are you trying to book anything today unless you need a room for tonight? Nothing is functional as they said. Why go through the frustration? Have some patience until everything is up and running...and then start complaining...lol.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:21 pm

Double post
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:23 pm

Yes. I need something that is time sensitive. Not your business. So don’t lol me. The up an down nature of the site is frustrating. Take it all down but don’t have imtermittent service that gets close but then doesn’t work.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:24 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Yes. I need something that is time sensitive. Not your business. So don’t lol me. The up an down nature of the site is frustrating. Take it all down but don’t have imtermittent service that gets close but then doesn’t work.
Well I guess you're happy now, all sites down.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
Well I guess you're happy now, all sites down.
AndI have an email confirmation that may or may not be valid. And why would I be happy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.