FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Your last SPG stay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1925607-your-last-spg-stay.html)

nevansm Aug 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Your last SPG stay

Unless I missed it, I can’t seem to find a thread where we can reminisce about our last spg stay.

I’ll be staying at the Liberty in Boston, one of my favorite SPG hotels in the world. Have always gotten great upgrades, the sparkling wine welcome is great, and if you’re into it the bars are pretty awesome. It’s been a great ride SPG, but as a lifetime Marriott PP I’m hoping things are just as good as heh have been.

Whats the last property you’re at before the 18th?

khabah Aug 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Riding SPG into the sunset at the Westin Miyako Kyoto, checking out tomorrow as the program switches over. No finer ending to a wonderful program than being in my dream destination, being upgraded to a Japanese-style room in the Kasui-en annex and just having a grand time in general.

Thank you for everything, SPG.

khabah

pageboy Aug 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Well, it’s the Four Points Knoxville, TN- most probably the best 4P in the chain.

maisondubonheur Aug 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Just few days ago...one of the three "Presidential suites" of the Sheraton Libertador Buenos Aires. Staffs took great care of us...after a way less than average stay in July. Old property, but realizing just now, that would be our last SPG encounter...at least our last stay was a truly enjoyable one!

Have also done lately the experience of ignoring my Ambassador....good...he doesn't seem to care either! I may be far away of the 20k this year....but they for sure make sure I'm not telling any of my friends to push for it!

Sam P. Goodman Aug 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Looks like mine will go down as the Westin Costa Navarino in Greece. The hotel that got me started was the Sheraton Anaheim, which left SPG a couple of years ago and is now the questionably named Majestic Garden Inn.

damon88 Aug 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Planned a year ago - way before we knew the significance of August 18.

Our 8/17 stay will be at The Sheraton Anchorage en route to Denali.

Have loved all of our Starwood years-

Pitero Aug 16, 2018 11:44 pm

I will be at the Westin Leipzig, Germany, during the transition on 18th. Feeling indeed somewhat melancholic...
Wonder how/if they will rename the afternoon "SPG Snack" for platinums.

It's been great with Starwood all those years ! ! !

SLC 4217 Aug 16, 2018 11:49 pm

ending up at the Mira Moon in HKG (A design hotel) thta is lovely and actually gave me an upgrade. will start next week at the Le Meridien in BKK

EuropeanPete Aug 17, 2018 12:36 am

I decided SPG was too expensive in London tonight, so I’m in a 5* hotel for about half the cost of the 4* SPG options. That makes my final SPG stay the glamorous Sheraton Schiphol Airport.

yeunganson Aug 17, 2018 1:08 am

Well. I was doing a lame one. Last weekend, I stayed at the Sheraton Wall Center Vancouver (my hometown) for the Celebration of Lights fireworks featuring South Korea followed the next day by Vancouver's Gay Pride Parade led by our Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Management wrote a hand written letter in an envelope to welcome my return (very warm). In the envelope was two breakfast vouchers to try out their lobby restaurant for breakfast buffet instead of the usual lounge (first time ever!). I was placed in a corner suite among the top floors on a sold-out hotel overlooking Vancouver's English Bay - on cash & points. It wasn't the biggest room I ever got at this particular hotel among all decade of stays here, but it was one of the best view suites. I got the view from sea to sky and the sunset was beautiful.

I hope this merger will not change how the our favorite hotels treat us and our membership with this new program will continue to bring us these wonderful memories for years and years to come!

Kacee Aug 17, 2018 1:09 am

SGS. Upgraded to theme suite. A lovely stay.

And I'll be back in two weeks. I don't really expect any changes (except I'll earn more points).

LostInTranslation Aug 17, 2018 1:15 am

Hotel des Indes in The Hague. Just checked out.

platbrownguy Aug 17, 2018 1:19 am

Looks like mine will ring in as the W in Washington DC last month -- a short stay while moving between residences, cheapo $175 rate upgraded with SNAs to a lovely Marvelous Suite with a view of the monument, full breakfast for 2 each morning. Not a bad way to go!

supatight80 Aug 17, 2018 1:28 am

Westin Cape Town, South Africa @ an executive suite. With a bottle of wine and chocolates from the GM.

Drinking some good ol South African wine at On19 (their club lounge) watching the sun set over cape town waterfront and reminiscing how great SPG was. Was a good show until the end

vanabb Aug 17, 2018 2:14 am

Le Meridien Stuttgart last weekend. Suite upgrade, maybe the last?