Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your last SPG stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
St Regis Bangkok. Loved everything about the property, from the lovely suite I was to the breakfast, from the bar drinks to the pool, from the spa to the great recognition and awesome staff.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
The Westin Yilan. It is a beautiful resort hotel. I had two rooms and they upgraded one of the rooms to a larger suite. I didn't spend enough time at the hotel to truly enjoy it, but I really liked the vibe.

Currently at the JW Marriott in Shanghai. Also a great hotel.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
My final SPG stay was last week at the Element West Fargo. (Exotic, I know. work trip).

But very sad to say goodbye SPG - like so many of you, many of my favorite memories involve Starwood.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:04 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
LM Visconti Rome. Great location, wonderful staff, good breakfast benefit. No upgrade using SN certs or on arrival. But its Rome in Summer, so no complaint on that issue.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by travelista
My final SPG stay was last week at the Element West Fargo. (Exotic, I know. work trip).

But very sad to say goodbye SPG - like so many of you, many of my favorite memories involve Starwood.
I've stayed there. It's a nice SPG representative in a more isolated location, although there are now some other Starwood, sorry I mean Starriott, choices in the state, including on the other side of the interstate. [A more recent 4PTS gave me their best suite last summer, and the element also was good about upgrades IME.]
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by puntamita
Westin Grand Central NYC. Hotel I stay well over a month a year. Love the front desk team. I feel like I know some of their family, met a daughter of one of the front desk team. They always give me great service, upgrades, and have room ready. Everyone tells me welcome back. Love the hotel. Hope it stays the same! Goodbye Starwood. I don't think Marriott can match your service or frequent stay program. Sad to see you go.

I remember staying at the W Hotel on Lexington when the SPG program just started to be a great program. Signed up and never looked back. Hope Starwood Lurker stays with Marriott. If not bad mistake.
Agree! To William + the Lurker Team, many thanks! ^
damon88, MSPeconomist and Pitero like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:04 am

Currently at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa. A really nice property with a private entrance to Legoland California. Even was granted a 3 PM checkout, later today.

Thank you SPG for all the years of memories at your hotels.

Last edited by ducky9; Aug 18, 2018 at 8:05 am Reason: Spelling Error
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Stayed at the W Washington DC earlier this week for my final stay. When I had the option of staying at the W versus any of the other run-of-the-mill DC business hotels, I figured I'd send off my 7 years of loyalty to SPG and many fond memories off into the sunset while having a drink at the rooftop bar that overlooks the Treasury Department and White House. The only downside is that they were starting renovations on the hotel...

I'll still be staying at those SPG brands well into the future, however! Even with the changes, I don't think I could go back to staying at Hilton properties.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:21 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ducky9
Currently at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa. A really nice property with a private entrance to Legoland California. Even was granted a 3 PM checkout, later today.

Thank you SPG for all the years of memories at your hotels.
That will be my 1st LSPG stay post 8/18. Taking our Grandson to Legoland.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Unremarkable hotel, other than what I term the “frat party”executive lounge on the 9th floor. Those of you who stay there know what I’m talking about!😀
I stay there a couple times a year for a similar reason - AND I DON'T KNOW what you are talking about - now I feel I am missing out... It's a decent lounge though I don't like that the soda's are locked up till 10am...
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:13 pm
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
Mattress run at Sheraton Bucharest. Wanted to get to 25 nights before the merger . My next two stays are with Marriott so looking forward to see what they have to offer.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My final totally SPG stay was at the Westin Arlington Gateway August 15 to 17 for work. Not good at all. In this hotel when I was a general member I usually got a good room on a high floor, far away from the elevator and the ice machine. This time, my first time staying as a Gold, they put me near the elevator. So, I don't think I got any upgrade to a better room. They also messed my receipt: two different rates for the 2 days. They charged me the highest rate for the two days and when I went to ask about it, it seems that instead of removing some cost ($60), they added that cost so it's $120 higher than what I should have paid. Will have to check my credit card as it has not posted yet.

Now, I'm still in the same hotel on a third rate for the weekend: starting as SPG on August 17, finishing as Marriott on August 19. And with Marriott my status would be Platinum after today but obviously it was too early to get any Platinum benefits. I chose the wrong weekend to stay here. I should have stayed at the nearby Hilton where at least I would have gotten free breakfast. But somehow I thought the change was happening on August 1st.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My final totally SPG stay was at the Westin Arlington Gateway August 15 to 17 for work. Not good at all. In this hotel when I was a general member I usually got a good room on a high floor, far away from the elevator and the ice machine. This time, my first time staying as a Gold, they put me near the elevator. So, I don't think I got any upgrade to a better room. They also messed my receipt: two different rates for the 2 days. They charged me the highest rate for the two days and when I went to ask about it, it seems that instead of removing some cost ($60), they added that cost so it's $120 higher than what I should have paid. Will have to check my credit card as it has not posted yet.

Now, I'm still in the same hotel on a third rate for the weekend: starting as SPG on August 17, finishing as Marriott on August 19. And with Marriott my status would be Platinum after today but obviously it was too early to get any Platinum benefits. I chose the wrong weekend to stay here. I should have stayed at the nearby Hilton where at least I would have gotten free breakfast. But somehow I thought the change was happening on August 1st.
When it first opened, this was a very nice hotel with a decent lounge. It treated me well then and was the best option that was convenient for my meetings, although the Hilton was slightly better located and actually treated me well (as HH Gold from AmEx Plat) on my last couple stays.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When it first opened, this was a very nice hotel with a decent lounge. It treated me well then and was the best option that was convenient for my meetings, although the Hilton was slightly better located and actually treated me well (as HH Gold from AmEx Plat) on my last couple stays.

Something must have gotten wrong as it must be my 10th stay in this Westin and I did not even get a "Welcome Back". At the Hilton I always got upgraded to the Executive Floor also with my HH Gold from AmEx Plat. Never failed.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Fittingly - basic Sheraton Baltimore North a few weeks ago - no upgrade just lounge access.
But thanks to the SPG team and many great experiences and all the help here from official SPG and the community over the years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.