Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Starwood and 3rd party bookings: any benefits? stay credits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Exclamation FAQ: Starwood and 3rd party bookings: any benefits? stay credits?

I will be at the SFO Sheraton Gateway on a Hotwire stay. I know no points, stay credit. Any chance of any Gold benfits re: upgade, etc.
Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
Entirely the hotel's choice, they are not required to but sometimes they may anyway.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by mmgm
I will be at the SFO Sheraton Gateway on a Hotwire stay. I know no points, stay credit. Any chance of any Gold benfits re: upgade, etc.
Thanks
"Chance" is a good choice of words. Absolutely no guarantee, but if you're lucky, they might still upgrade you. Good luck.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 7:09 am

Do Starwood Stays booked through Travelocity Count as a Stay?

Do Starwood Stays booked through Travelocity Count as a Stay? Will I get points?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
FYI guys - booked a stay in vegas at PH via expedia and when I arrived at the hotel and asked the agent if my starwood # is in my reservation, she told me that all expedia reservations don't qualify for spg points.

my next course of action was to take my laptop and sprint card out of the bag, walked out of the lobby and over about 200 feet out of the covered garage to get signal, cancelled the booking (Thank god I paid the 14.99 expedia cancellation fee waiver), went to spg.com and got a LOWER RATE booking it that day then I did on expedia but when I wanted to book on spg months earlier, it was more $$$

go figure

so now I got my points plus 2 other promos for 3k points each
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:03 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by asssam
Do Starwood Stays booked through Travelocity Count as a Stay? Will I get points?
That would depend. As far as the Asia Pacific properties are concerned, any reservation booked through a third-party site is ineligible. Elsewhere, if you book the RACK, COR, SET, or BAR rates through Travelocity or Expedia, then it may be eligible, but unless there is a place to enter your SPG number, you may have to go through some hoops to get stay/night credit or in-hotel benefits. If it is a pre-paid rate at any third-party web site, then it is just plain ineligible.

Hope that helps, but as Cheap Elite says, there are many threads in this forum where this has been covered ad nauseum.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:56 am
Suspended

Stay credits for 3rd party bookings?

Third party bookings (e.g. via expedia.com) are, according to the SPG T&Cs, not eligible for stay credits and points.

What is the every day experience of SPG members?

Will I eventually get stay credits if I book with a third party site or not? (Hilton has the same waiver but I get always points and stay credits in spite of not booking via hilton.com).
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:13 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
It's not a flat no. Prepaid stays are definitely ineligible. But GDS rates booked on our site, for example, have always earned me points and stay credit - so I imagine this holds true for GDS rates across the board with Starwood. Keep in mind this means only rates where you pay the hotel on check-out and where you can enter your Starwood number with the reservation.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by daveland
It's not a flat no. Prepaid stays are definitely ineligible. But GDS rates booked on our site, for example, have always earned me points and stay credit - so I imagine this holds true for GDS rates across the board with Starwood. Keep in mind this means only rates where you pay the hotel on check-out and where you can enter your Starwood number with the reservation.
Thanks for clarification. That means a no no no for prepaid Expedia bookings And a no no no for me to do any status with StarWood StarWood you force me to requalify for Hilton

If there are people who received stay credits for prepaid Expedia bookings please let me know.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others

When I book through expedia or similar booking systems do I then also get spg points and if I have status do I also get ie gold or plat recognation (ie room upgrades)?

ciao...
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
No benefits with resv booked via third party websites.

Do a search, these questions are answered in the sticky thread.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The only exception I believe is 'travel agents' vs travel web sites. For example, I book my AMEX FHR Starwood staying using the AMEX Sweden web site, and my SPG number gets passed along nicely for benefits/credit.

The LM Cancun and W Times Square both participate in AMEX FHR so these experiences are from there. I didn't get the suite upgrade you did Bliss when I was there last week, but I did get 6am check-in, so I can't complain

Mike
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum

I know booking through priceline can save money but sometimes you don't receive any SPG points for the stay. Does this hold true for hotels.ca (hotels.com) as well? I've made to reservations for SPG properties through hotels.ca as it was cheaper, neither reservation mentions anything about forfeiting any points, so am I to believe I get them unless stated otherwise, or is it the opposite, if you are to receive stay credit, it will be mentioned?

I normally book through the SPG website, but hotels.com had a better deal.

thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:55 am

No SPG points for you.

Same thing happened to me booking a CO vacations site. I only received points for food, ect at PH.

Now I booked on SPG site and $89/night rate @PH. I learned my lesson.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:30 am

Programs: AC*P, SPG
Sounds like you might be able to file a BRG claim:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/bestrate/index.html

This way, you get the rate AND your stay credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.