FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Your last SPG stay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1925607-your-last-spg-stay.html)

Plumber Aug 17, 2018 9:00 am

My last SPG stay was at Westin Beijing Chaoyang- had a great weekend stay there.

Previous was Palace Hotel in San Francisco...

RIP SPG!

365RoadWarrior Aug 17, 2018 9:40 am

Mine will have been January 2018 at the Sheraton Los Angeles. I haven't entirely given up hope on the combined entity, but I would rather not live with their uncertainty.

rdlmitedu Aug 17, 2018 9:54 am

17-22 August points redemption at Element Las Vegas. A little boring but a nice property.

Jebby_ca Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am

My final SPG stay was a Starpoint redemption at the Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho. Upgraded to a Kioi Suite. Great way to cap off what has been, IMHO, a great loyalty program. Hopefully the combined program will measure up!

Adelphos Aug 17, 2018 10:12 am

Westin Denver Airport for a quick layover.

makin'miles Aug 17, 2018 10:29 am

Westin Copley Place Boston, with a wonderful view - particularly at sunset - over the Charles River and Back Bay. I started with SPG seriously when I first started working... its been a good ride - nine years of platinum status in a row. I don't expect too much to change at LSPG properties at first, but am sure I'll look back and miss the program.

sscywong Aug 17, 2018 10:44 am

Just checked out W Guangzhou after three night stays... Witness the declining benefit offered by SPG properties since the (being) acquisition...

Upcoming MR / SPG stay will be a leisure one in Oct... Business trips in between are in other chains so far...

yurtripper Aug 17, 2018 10:58 am

My final stay was W Hong Kong. I can't think of any full service SPG property that's less likely to give a Suite upgrade to a Plat, and sure enough I didn't get one. In fact, I got no upgrade at all (Wonderful Room) even though this was only a one night stay, out of season.

Apart from that though, SPG has been very good to me and will be sorely missed.

MaxFlyer Aug 17, 2018 11:00 am

17 July at the Le Meridien Dubai Airport Hotel and Conference Centre.

eeebee Aug 17, 2018 1:04 pm

August 2nd at the Westin Peachtree Plaza (Atlanta).

:(

Okijames Aug 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Last week at the W Las Vegas, upgraded to a nice suite. It has been a great ride with SPG!

flying_geek Aug 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Grand Sheraton Park Lane (London) - no upgrade this time - though 2 weeks ago I had a nice loft suite at the same rate.

Farewell SPG, you were a more loyal companion through a big part of my professional life - than I was loyal to you.
Come to think of it, based on a little over 3 years worth of nights, you were the 3rd most nights-together relationship I ever had.

ggmj Aug 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Waving goodbye with the Westin St. Francis, in one of their newly renovated rooms, before popping down to the Aloft post-merger. My first was a Westin, even if it wasn't this one, so it'll be a bittersweet farewell for my first (and favourite) hotel program.

Resonant Programmer Aug 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Waving goodbye at a rundown Sheraton that should have lost it's flag years ago.

miles4CDG Aug 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Waved goodbye early July at the Westin Paris-Vendôme, our most visited SPG property. Team here always amazing! Taking magnificent care of us over the years.

Au revoir et merci, SPG!