Your last SPG stay

Old Aug 17, 18, 3:27 am

Le Meridien Bangkok for me, which was a good result because it was nearly a depressing mega-Sheraton.
Old Aug 17, 18, 3:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group

I'm spending a long weekend at an aloft in Europe. I'm pretty sure there won't be any SPG farewell party organized by the GM, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a sunrise "welcome to Marriott" on the 19th. I stayed at a Radisson in Paris a few years ago, which re-flagged to Marriott overnight (Ambassador Opera), and while they had all sorts of trouble with reservations and billing, on the very first morning, the housekeeping carts were piled high with bibles. When I returned to my room in the afternoon, one had been placed on my coffee table. Those heathen European housekeepers didn't even know what to do with them! Looking around my aloft room, it occurs to me that there's no obvious place to store them, so maybe instead of that generous introductory promo some have been hoping for, the money will be spent to hire contractors to attach some drawers next to the bed?
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 17, 18, 3:59 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Le Royal Meridien Shangha, probably do 170+ days there this year. Won't change much whether SPG or something other, LOL
Old Aug 17, 18, 4:03 am

Programs: FB LTPE, EK Silver, SK Diamond, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Spire, Accorhotels Gold
Four Points by Sheraton Catania

I am in the middle of a 10-nights stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Catania in Sicily.
I am a regular at this property, but I have seen my recognition going downhill there in the past 2 years.
Old Aug 17, 18, 4:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
My final SPG Hotel was the Ovolo Southside in HK and my first under MR will be Le Meridien Saigon. Thankfully I have two upcoming reservations at my all time favourite Le Meriden Bangkok to ease into the new programme over the coming months.
Old Aug 17, 18, 5:32 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
My finale was at the Prince Gallery Tokyo, where as an act of adieu they seem to have managed to get rid of my book when I still had 30 pages to read...
Old Aug 17, 18, 5:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
The W Seattle. Overall a lovely hotel with a great location.
Old Aug 17, 18, 6:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
St regis sg .... will be check in tomorrow morning before merge and check out on 19 sg time after merge
Old Aug 17, 18, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA Gold
Last week, 3 nights in the Elizabeth suite, Hotel Imperial Vienna. Could not have been nicer (well maybe the Imperial suite).
Old Aug 17, 18, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by khabah View Post
Riding SPG into the sunset at the Westin Miyako Kyoto, checking out tomorrow as the program switches over. No finer ending to a wonderful program than being in my dream destination, being upgraded to a Japanese-style room in the Kasui-en annex and just having a grand time in general.

Thank you for everything, SPG.

khabah
Was lucky enough to stay at this Westin last year this time, and was given one of the Suites uphill.

Farewell, SPG.
Old Aug 17, 18, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Westin Chicago O'Hare. One of my most common. Upgraded to a suite (one night) the day before. One of the better hotel gyms out there. Consistently excellent.
Old Aug 17, 18, 8:21 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
LM Montreal...always get it for a great rate...about 90% on upgrades...decent brekkie and good location.
Old Aug 17, 18, 8:24 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Same here. Sheraton Amsterdam.
Old Aug 17, 18, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy PE/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Westin Grand.

Nobody at SPG/Marriott Rewards can advise with certainty what my SPG status will be tomorrow. We'll see......
Old Aug 17, 18, 9:37 am

Same here: Prince Gallery Tokyo. A nice place for a final stay.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: