book on SPG website = not an eligible rate?

Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
The only times I have seen this with my stays has been where the agent flagged the stay as being from an OTA booking or some other ineligible source, which it was not (not sure when it was changed). However, typically the first response from corporate was supportive of what was in the record without any research into what really happened. Pushing the issue got someone to look at the history and see a change was made and it was wrong. It seems more and more CSRs will first try to support what has happened and not bother with what should have happened. After all, it's less work for them and if we walk away, what's the problem? Knowing what should happen and pressing for that to happen is SOP these days.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The only times I have seen this with my stays has been where the agent flagged the stay as being from an OTA booking or some other ineligible source, which it was not (not sure when it was changed). However, typically the first response from corporate was supportive of what was in the record without any research into what really happened. Pushing the issue got someone to look at the history and see a change was made and it was wrong. It seems more and more CSRs will first try to support what has happened and not bother with what should have happened. After all, it's less work for them and if we walk away, what's the problem? Knowing what should happen and pressing for that to happen is SOP these days.
True, but this is not the service I would expect from an Ambassador.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
True, but this is not the service I would expect from an Ambassador.
thats the service i got.
i wrote back to her over the weekend while she is out and the helper that was covering her email load said that upon further inspection it looks like it might have been an error and she will follow up with me.

I think i need a new ambassador
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by HNS
I currently have the same issue:

Booked a stay, the rate was the family package (get second room for 50% off) but then plans changed and I gave up the second room. The rate was not discounted, it had the same price as a regular room. I was credited the points but not the nights. Is there a circumstance where you can receive points but not nights (for an ineligible stay)?
I called the support (two times) and the first rep said the rate is ineligible because only one room was paid for (this is not mentioned in the rate rules), the second said the rate is eligible. Just curious which one of the two is it. Currently waiting the reply from research...

Rate details: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Get 50% off your second room plus kids eat free. Terms & Conditions
The FMPKG50 rate for EAME is of course an eligible rate as long as you book it via SPG. Even though it is called a „package“ you can book that rate stand alone. Well, nobody in its right mind would do that if you do not plan to book a second room. But you can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.