Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Official Announcement: SPG and Marriott Programs to Merge on August 18th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Announcement: SPG and Marriott Programs to Merge on August 18th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by CD747
I still can't log in to my SPG account at all, even though I'm 100% sure I'm using the right password and I cleared my cache/used an incognito browsing window. It won't process a password reset either. It just either says the account doesn't exist, or returns "This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later", depending on whether I use my old or new SPG number or my email address.

SPG/Marriott Support say their systems are still experiencing difficulties, but it sounds like I'm the only one with this problem!
You're not the only one with this problem. I'm having the same issue. I wasn't given a new SPG number either.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't think any post-merger stays have posted. My last pre-merger stay from the 17th finally posted today.
mine still hasn't....had booked 3 rooms for a stay on the 17th....
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
My stay on 18th just posted
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:27 pm

Way to go, Marriott. I have been on hold (through old SPG Platinum line) for 45 minutes because you insisted I needed to set up a new email address so SPG and MR would be different, and now I can't get into my SPG account. Your chat service is "down" because there are not any operators. All I want to do is transfer my 3,000,000 SPG points to a company that I am willing to do business with...which ain't Marriott.

My "lifetime status" now sounds like "eternal damnation".

UPDATE: Since the names on the accounts were not identical, they want a passport to confirm identity. What?

Does anyone have a good (sensitive to SPG refugees) contact at the company?

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Aug 27, 2018 at 6:54 pm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Since the names on the accounts were not identical, they want a passport to confirm identity. What?
Standard procedure for name changes at any loyalty program (though any government-issued ID will work).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Data point: I just now got an email from Starwood giving me my new number and telling me I should combine my accounts.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by stimpy
Data point: I just now got an email from Starwood giving me my new number and telling me I should combine my accounts.
Me too. Refuse to merge until all IT issues are resolved. Still cannot see stays from 7/15 forward, new stays aren't posting, and can't apply SNAs. Until that's all fixed, separate accounts it'll be - no matter how hard they push.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Me too. Refuse to merge until all IT issues are resolved. Still cannot see stays from 7/15 forward, new stays aren't posting, and can't apply SNAs. Until that's all fixed, separate accounts it'll be - no matter how hard they push.
I got my new SPG number immediately and just had an Aug 18-20 stay post but I'm sitting on the merge sidelines for the time being as well.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Standard procedure for name changes at any loyalty program (though any government-issued ID will work).
Seems like overkill to go from "William" to "Will", for example. But, well, here we are.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
How do I use my benefits?

Lurkers,

How do I apply Your24on the new website?

How do I enter comments regarding my stay into my reservation?

How do I use upgrade prefences in the new website?

How do I use SNA on the new website?

How do I see which room categorie I was upgraded prior to arrival?

How do I book cash&points reservations?

remymartin and kodansha999 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Seems like overkill to go from "William" to "Will", for example.
My wife had to go through it to remove her middle name.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CD747
I still can't log in to my SPG account at all, even though I'm 100% sure I'm using the right password and I cleared my cache/used an incognito browsing window. It won't process a password reset either. It just either says the account doesn't exist, or returns "This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later", depending on whether I use my old or new SPG number or my email address.

SPG/Marriott Support say their systems are still experiencing difficulties, but it sounds like I'm the only one with this problem!
I too cannot get the so-called SGP site to recognize that I have a valid account number to be able to reset my password so I can log into the so-called SPG site to merge it with my Marriott account.
The accounts are theoretically linked, but this strange idea that we have to log in to each and tell the two sides to merge with each other is not working for me. Hold time for phone support became absurd. I'll have to dink around with this later. Not impressed!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:10 am

Glad to see I am not the only one with this issue (ie at least two others!)

I finally persuaded someone at SPG customer service to raise a ticket with IT about it. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
+1

Not touching anything until things diverge (?) to normalcy. (Foolish?!)

(Added: S&M Freudeian Slip? I meant CONVERGE!)
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:50 am

So I am new to this scene - I got the personal marriot card with 75k points offer - I have not hit MS to get the bonus yet - I applied and approved for the card on the 13th of August? How does this change the new value? Am I grandfathered into anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.