Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Official Announcement: SPG and Marriott Programs to Merge on August 18th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Announcement: SPG and Marriott Programs to Merge on August 18th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I read it as a one-week period. That seems about right to get things mostly working.
I know. I guess my tongue-in-cheek didn't get across properly.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by yurtripper
This is from your SPG dashboard and I take it you haven't yet merged your accounts, yes?

Starwood has/had no Silver status but I notice that updated SPG app now shows 'Years as Silver elite or higher' and nothing else.
FWIW, I rec’d an e-mail from AX touting the recently devalued SPG card (mine is getting cancellled.) Among its many supposed benefits is Marriott Silver Elite status, a huge step below SPG Prefered which gave access to SPG floors and 4 PM checkouts.

Being Silver in a program with 110 million members is sure to be something very special indeed.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Anyone else having trouble merging accounts? I have tried twice, but each time after signing in to both accounts successfully the final step fails.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Anyone else having trouble merging accounts? I have tried twice, but each time after signing in to both accounts successfully the final step fails.
Unless you expect some big advantages from merging your accounts now, don't try to do it.
RogerD408 and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Unless you expect some big advantages from merging your accounts now, don't try to do it.
Agreed. Although interestingly at check in today at an aLoft the manager (not just an fd person) but hotel manager told me to merge my accounts. Said "it's time" and I'd be better off. I told her politely I disagreed saying I'd prefer to wait until all the IT issues were corrected. She said, it'd be fine and I should. Not sure why the push - but it was interesting.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Agreed. Although interestingly at check in today at an aLoft the manager (not just an fd person) but hotel manager told me to merge my accounts. Said "it's time" and I'd be better off. I told her politely I disagreed saying I'd prefer to wait until all the IT issues were corrected. She said, it'd be fine and I should. Not sure why the push - but it was interesting.
I guess from a property perspective it eliminates the issue of finding your account as you would only have one and not two (we know they are not that careful with their lookups as it is). I can also see someone that is wanting to earn SPG/MR nights to make legacy LT status wanting the higher of the two programs regardless of which account used to book. And, it may be better for them to prioritize upgrades for us dual account holders (however, I expect account booked to set pre-arrival consideration). And the biggie for not doing it now is the fact that you may not be able to combine accounts due to system issues. I am surprised the staff was even aware.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:28 pm

I still can't log in to my SPG account at all, even though I'm 100% sure I'm using the right password and I cleared my cache/used an incognito browsing window. It won't process a password reset either. It just either says the account doesn't exist, or returns "This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later", depending on whether I use my old or new SPG number or my email address.

SPG/Marriott Support say their systems are still experiencing difficulties, but it sounds like I'm the only one with this problem!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by CD747
I still can't log in to my SPG account at all, even though I'm 100% sure I'm using the right password and I cleared my cache/used an incognito browsing window. It won't process a password reset either. It just either says the account doesn't exist, or returns "This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later", depending on whether I use my old or new SPG number or my email address.

SPG/Marriott Support say their systems are still experiencing difficulties, but it sounds like I'm the only one with this problem!
Did you get a new number? I was having similar problems when trying to login using my email address, but was fine when I used the new number. I was also able to successfully combine my accounts.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:38 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
My lifetime nights are now showing as 6! Year to date nights also at 6.
i thought I’d merged my accounts a few days ago, but still getting the prompt.
Do I assume that I should still wait to merge my accounts until the numbers are straight?

Hotel staff keep telling me to “merge my accounts” and “wait for an email “
Marriot spuzzum just repeats the ‘some’ members are experiencing problems.

it’s a week now. A little guidance Marriott, please.....
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Did you get a new number? I was having similar problems when trying to login using my email address, but was fine when I used the new number. I was also able to successfully combine my accounts.
Yep, I tried with my new 9-digit SPG number (which I obtained by calling the SPG line). No difference
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Deleted.

Last edited by miles4CDG; Aug 24, 2018 at 7:56 am
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
My stay on 18th still has not posted. Also my UK SPG AMEX are missing.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
My stay on 18th still has not posted.
I don't think any post-merger stays have posted. My last pre-merger stay from the 17th finally posted today.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'll tell you what they got correct. I just booked two award reservations and those points were deduced immediately.

But to credit Marriott, the points required for this hotel were a good bit less than before.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CD747
Yep, I tried with my new 9-digit SPG number (which I obtained by calling the SPG line). No difference
You tried with your new SPG # and your original SPG password and no go? And this original SPG password is less than 20 characters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.