Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Points transfer between spouses at the same address

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Is there any risk in initiating a SPG Points transfer between spouses living at the same address? I do not want either account to be shut down with all points confiscated (IHG style), hence wanted to clarify this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
None.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
None.
Seconded. Did it in Feb and both our accounts survived.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
They don't allow transfers between different addresses? That would be a horrid policy.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by JackE
They don't allow transfers between different addresses? That would be a horrid policy.
No, they don't, but maybe just change your SPG profile address? (I'm new here...)
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by HollyGlen
No, they don't, but maybe just change your SPG profile address? (I'm new here...)
It has to be the same address for 30 days prior to transfer, so if you changed the address now, you probably wouldn't have time to do the transfer before the programs merge in August.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by puchong
Is there any risk in initiating a SPG Points transfer between spouses living at the same address? I do not want either account to be shut down with all points confiscated (IHG style), hence wanted to clarify this.
The correct answer is Yes, there is. Not knowing your history with SPG, an agent might take exception to something you've done in the past and another event could trigger drastic action. Now should there be any risk? No, providing you are not under suspicion for questionable actions. Unfortunately there is no statute of limitations with loyalty programs and your participation is solely at the discretion of the program. If there is nothing haunting you, then you should be good to go.
yeunganson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.