Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Member Account Integrity Restricting Accounts

SPG Member Account Integrity Restricting Accounts

Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by miloworld
. . .
I'll be less sympathetic if the hotel walks him due of his frequent cancellations but you can't take his account away.
Actually, Starwood can take his account away per the T&C of the SPG program. Starwood has notified the member they believe he/she has abused the SPG program.

12.2.b. Cancelling by Starwood. Starwood may cancel an SPG Member's accumulated Starpoints, suspend SPG Program benefits, suspend Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status, suspend SPG Lifetime Gold Status and SPG Lifetime Platinum Status (which will subsequently also remove protection against the forfeiture of Starpoints should the member become Inactive as described in Section 4.2), or cancel an SPG Member's account at any time with immediate effect and without written notice, for any reason and in Starwood's sole discretion including, without limitation, if Starwood believes the SPG Member has:
  • iii. Acted in an inappropriate, fraudulent, abusive or hostile manner;

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.