Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Spend $300 get $60 back - Amex Sync Starwood offer [US cards & hotels only]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPRich
Print Wikipost

Spend $300 get $60 back - Amex Sync Starwood offer [US cards & hotels only]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Travelosopher

You can, as long as you open up the offer on EACH card in different browser windows FIRST before adding the offer to each card - I believe I’ve read this, but I don’t know how to do it. What I DO know is IF I see the offer on more than one of my Amex cards and I add the offer to one of them, it goes away on the others... and I end up with only one chance to use the offer.
You need to have different log-ins for each account. You can have separate log-ins, even for authorized users. Without creating separate log-ins, then it's only one offer per account.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:36 am

Anyone know of a way of being able to use this for international hotels?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
1) I just checked with Amex CS - they said it could be over multiple stays.

2) I have not been able to figure out getting back for non-US stays (not sure about Canada). I have checked and it does not work. Luckily I am in US over summer but have a stay at Marriott tonight in Boston as I booked before knowing this promo...
silentbob1974 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For these promos, One Time means you can't expect subsequent credits for each $300 thereafter.
Canadian stays do not qualify for this. I have a Sheraton stay this weekend over $300, but it's a prepaid stay before I learned of this offer.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I posted about this in the proper forum within Amex Sync here on FT - but thinking many with the Starwood cc may not read that thread. So also posting here so you can check your Amex Starwood account to see if you're eligible for the offer.

Here is the link to the thread and post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29872784-post1948.html
thanks I would have missed this.

​​​​​​​Also, noob question. Is there anyway to stack this with the current offer to buy SPG points? I know the T&C’s state “not valid for online retail store purchases” but the language is a little more vague than some of the other AMEX hotel offers.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:34 am

Would a prepaid international rate qualify? Since if its prepaid, its being by charged by US SPG.com?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by clublounger
You need to have different log-ins for each account. You can have separate log-ins, even for authorized users. Without creating separate log-ins, then it's only one offer per account.
This is what I’ve always heard as well - that if you have separate account logins for EACH Amex card, then you can access an offer multiple times IF it is available on more than one of your cards. However, many people like me have a single account sign-in for ALL of their Amex cards. The only other way I’ve read that one can take advantage of the same exact offer more than once is by opening up multiple browser windows with the offer showing and THEN add the offer to each card.

Last edited by Travelosopher; Jun 17, 2018 at 9:51 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by zagguru
Anyone know of a way of being able to use this for international hotels?
Only if you live outside the U.S., thus making U.S. hotels "international".

Originally Posted by zagguru
Would a prepaid international rate qualify? Since if its prepaid, its being by charged by US SPG.com?
Charges come from the hotel, so if it's not in the U.S., no dice.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Only if you live outside the U.S., thus making U.S. hotels "international".

Made me LOL
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Anyone have the credit post for them yet? I know the terms say there is a delay ( 90 days after 9/24) but most of my amex offers post instantly after the CC is charges which is why I'm curious. I have a stay that was $325 from the Sheraton Tribeca booked on SPG.com and nothing is posted yet.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Anyone have the credit post for them yet? I know the terms say there is a delay ( 90 days after 9/24) but most of my amex offers post instantly after the CC is charges which is why I'm curious. I have a stay that was $325 from the Sheraton Tribeca booked on SPG.com and nothing is posted yet.
My $60 credit posted in the same statement as the $300+ charge from a Westin posted.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had one "regular" stay under $300 and a later prepaid one to fulfill the minimum spend. The credit appeared within a day or so after the prepaid charge posted, long before my check-in.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:59 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Mine posted 2 days after I checked out

Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:54 pm

Mine hasn't posted yet either. The problem seems to be that the Maxwell Hotel NYC (Tribute Portfolio) wasn't coded as such, so I had to convince them that it is, in fact, part of the SPG/ Tribute. They've escalated it, so I'm still waiting.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Mine credited about 48 hours post stay. I also receive an email when the pre-auth is taken at checkin. I find if I don't receive the email stating I redeemed an Amex offer - I will not be getting a future credit, ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.