Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Under the new program, you earn 5 SNAs at 50 nights and 5 more at 75 nights. This year, you could potentially earn 15 SNAs if you cross 50 nights before Aug and 75 after the merge.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Under the new program, you earn 5 SNAs at 50 nights and 5 more at 75 nights. This year, you could potentially earn 15 SNAs if you cross 50 nights before Aug and 75 after the merge.
I'm on 73 nights now and have 8 nights planned in July. Should I take them somewhere else to prevent crossing the 75-night threshold before the merger?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rbAA
SNA's are always subject to availability, so no real change.
They're confirmed starting five days before arrival. Of course, the suite cannot be confirmed if it's not available at this time. Hyatt TSUs are confirmed at the time of booking. Regular SPG free Plat suite upgrades are subject to availability at check in.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Recent traffic isn't making it clear enough.

For the legacy SPG 50-night gift, you need to hit 50 SPG-only nights before 27 July, 2018.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by craigthemif

For the legacy SPG 50-night gift, you need to hit 50 SPG-only nights before 27 July, 2018.
Thanks Craig. I have 73 SPG-only nights to date this year so already have my 10 SNAs. But is Margarita Girl correct that there are five more up for grabs if I cross the 75-night threshold only after 27 July 2018?

If that is indeed the rule, it seems a bit silly because it would be a disincentive for members in my position to continue staying more at Starriott hotels between now and 27 July. And I can imagine there are quite a few members who are in my position.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:44 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by craigthemif

I'm not sure where this is comng from. The SPG page is still showing 10 SNA for 50 SPG nights in 2018:

Stay 50 nights — get rewarded

Stay 50 eligible nights with SPG® in 2018 and you’ll earn a benefit of your choice from the following options:
  • 10 Suite Night Awards™
  • The gift of Gold status for a friend or family member
  • One Free Night Award
  • Five Elite-Qualifying Nights
  • SPG donation to UNICEF
  • 40% off your favorite hotel bed
Sign in now to choose your benefit if you’ve already reached 50 eligible nights.

If you haven’t reached 50 eligible nights yet this year, keep booking. We’ll notify you when you’re eligible to select your benefit.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rbAA
I'm not sure where this is coming from.
This is coming from other threads and Lurker responses to Q&A.

I agree that the SPG website should have been updated a long time ago.

Originally Posted by HollyGlen
Thanks Craig. I have 73 SPG-only nights to date this year so already have my 10 SNAs. But is Margarita Girl correct that there are five more up for grabs if I cross the 75-night threshold only after 27 July 2018?

If that is indeed the rule, it seems a bit silly because it would be a disincentive for members in my position to continue staying more at Starriott hotels between now and 27 July. And I can imagine there are quite a few members who are in my position.
I wish I knew. My suspicion is that you are best to delay that 75th night until after you've merged your SPG and Marriott accounts, since that's a benefit that only applies to the new programme. But I can see it working the other way. It does seem to be clear though that Stariott aren't planning to let people triple up on the SPG legacy 50-night gift, the new 50-night gift and the 75-night gift.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by HollyGlen

There are plenty of holes in the program and this is one of them. I too suspect that if you cross the 75 nights before you merge your accounts you will not get the second five SNAs. If you've got someone else that can benefit from those nights until you merge your accounts then that would be better than leaving the nights behind.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would also point out here that the date for the start of the new combined Starriott program isn't definite yet. For all we know, it might be August 31st, rather than August 1st (or July 27th as the magic date for the SNAs).
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would also point out here that the date for the start of the new combined Starriott program isn't definite yet. For all we know, it might be August 31st, rather than August 1st (or July 27th as the magic date for the SNAs).
... and remember we will be asked to merge our accounts. So be sure to read all the events that will surround the merge and what it provides and restricts. There may be advantages to holding off doing the merge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.