Community
Wiki Posts
Search

750 Night Lifetime Level

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster

750 Night Lifetime Level

Hello, question. I am currently at about 610 nights lifetime with SPG and another 125 with Marriott. I will cross 750 combined by the end of the year. Will I be eligible for the lifetime 750 tier? Thank you!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
That will depend on whether you have 10 years of platinum combined between the two programs by the end of the year. If you do, then yes you should, but if not, then no the 750 nights alone will not be enough.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spgplat21
That will depend on whether you have 10 years of platinum combined between the two programs by the end of the year. If you do, then yes you should, but if not, then no the 750 nights alone will not be enough.
Awesome, thank you!!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
I am getting close to the 750 nights, but would have to
make an considerable extra effort to hit the nights threshold.

Currently, my SPG dashboard says 6 years Platinum.

I am currently SPG Platinum, but have not requalified yet this year (29 nights so far), but will prior to August 2018.

I have 2 years Platinum with Marriott (2012, 2013).

My three questions are:

- Will I receive another year (taking me from 6 to 7) when I hit 50 nights in August?

- Do my crossover status years with Marriott (2017, 2018) count towards the 10 years?

- Assuming my years situation actually qualified me for LTPPE, how much value would this designation have over LTPE? It would cost me $1500+ to get the extra nights I would need to hit 750.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by smokie

I am getting close to the 750 nights, but would have to
make an considerable extra effort to hit the nights threshold.

Currently, my SPG dashboard says 6 years Platinum.

I am currently SPG Platinum, but have not requalified yet this year (29 nights so far), but will prior to August 2018.

I have 2 years Platinum with Marriott (2012, 2013).

My three questions are:

- Will I receive another year (taking me from 6 to 7) when I hit 50 nights in August?

- Do my crossover status years with Marriott (2017, 2018) count towards the 10 years?

- Assuming my years situation actually qualified me for LTPPE, how much value would this designation have over LTPE? It would cost me $1500+ to get the extra nights I would need to hit 750.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
So it seems like you will also need to qualify separately for Marriott Platinum by August to get to 10 combined years of platinum, since the crossover years do not count. And if you are close to 750, you should be able to do that for less than $1,500 if you live close to a decent-sized US city. Take a look at the rewarding nights thread on the marriott forum for some advice on getting 10 nights credit for hosting meetings. If you did 8 meetings, that would get you 80 marriott nights and the 10th year of platinum status that you need. It should be pretty easy to do that for under $1,000. Now whether it's worth it not is totally up to you. A lifetime of earning the extra bonus points, plus getting silver united status, plus I assume having a higher upgrade priority would be worth the extra cash for me, but everyone values these things differently.
smokie likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Sorry, but how are you getting to ten years at Plat? Assuming everything above is accurate the most SPG Plat years you could have is seven. The crossover years do not count as unique Marriott years, so even if you earn Marriott Gold by the end of the year, which is very doable through some quick meetings, the most years at status you could have is eight, which is short of what you would need.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The person was MR Plat in 2012 and 2013, but we don't know whether this means that it was earned twice, or whether the person qualified for MR Plat in 2012 and enjoyed the benefits during part of 2012 and all of 2013 (plus the first two months of 2014, presumably).

It would be useful to know what "close to 750" means exactly and how many Marriott only nights he/she has this year.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 6, 2018 at 10:41 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
So it seems like you will also need to qualify separately for Marriott Platinum by August to get to 10 combined years of platinum, since the crossover years do not count.
12/31 - August 1 is not relevant if trying to get to 10 years of Platinum to make LTPP before end of year

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Sorry, but how are you getting to ten years at Plat? Assuming everything above is accurate the most SPG Plat years you could have is seven. The crossover years do not count as unique Marriott years, so even if you earn Marriott Gold by the end of the year, which is very doable through some quick meetings, the most years at status you could have is eight, which is short of what you would need.
The poster indicated two years ('12 and '13) that were MR Plat unrelated to SPG Plat
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
The poster indicated two years ('12 and '13) that were MR Plat unrelated to SPG Plat
Thanks, I see it now. There were four MR years total, two of which were status match. I missed that there were different years listed.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP
Thanks for your advice everyone!

Sounds like it might be possible (with some considerable effort)... as long as I can get to true Marriott Platinum Elite for 2018 (vs just matched) and hit 750 nights total.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by smokie
Thanks for your advice everyone!

Sounds like it might be possible (with some considerable effort)... as long as I can get to true Marriott Platinum Elite for 2018 (vs just matched) and hit 750 nights total.
You only need to reach MR Gold, the fifty night level. A couple weeks ago the Starwood Lurker confirmed years at MR Gold will count towards the ten needed for LTPP. Some posters refused to believe this but it was reconfirmed today in very absolute terms, see question B10 in the Starwood thread's new program's sticky's Wiki.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jun 7, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
This is great. For some reason I was under the impression that I had to have 750 nights with SPG to be grandfathered into Marriott LTPP.

Since I have 619 nights with SPG (lifetime Plat) and 199 with Marriott I'm good!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bworrell
This is great. For some reason I was under the impression that I had to have 750 nights with SPG to be grandfathered into Marriott LTPP.

Since I have 619 nights with SPG (lifetime Plat) and 199 with Marriott I'm good!
You're correct. At one point the discussion was you needed 750 nights in one or the other as of August. Fortunately that morphed into 750 combined. Heaven only knows if we will see yet another change. Keep reading and figure out what works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.