Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Platinum Elite Welcome Gift Options by brand and region

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 6:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I don't know if this has been noted elsewhere, so please feel free to merge.

EDIT: Sorry, terrible image. Link: https://members.marriott.com/wp-cont...Gift_Final.pdf
damon88 likes this.

Last edited by M.dA.R.; May 31, 2018 at 6:55 pm
Old May 31, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Thank you OP
Old May 31, 2018, 7:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

There’s also this one about the Platinum Elite Lounge Access benefit: https://members.marriott.com/wp-cont...cess_Final.pdf
Old May 31, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks for this, OP!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
For somebody accustomed to SPG, this chart just shows how confusing things are at Marriott.

Instead of just knowing you'll get breakfast, you need to research the hotel to figure out whether they have a lounge or have classified themselves as a resort, whether they give the F&B credit per stay or per night, etc.
UA-NYC, remymartin, cln and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:38 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
at hilton you dont have to worry about that, i am totally confused about these rules now xD
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
MaRiot recommends keeping a cheat sheet in the pocket so you know how many points you will accumulate, how many towels your room has and what the secret handshake is to never get upgraded per brand/property/high and low season/sea water level.
puchong and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Does this mean that no more breakfast for SPG PLT at:
1) Westin Princeville Villas
2) Sheraton Kauai (owned by Vistana, I believe).
What about bookings made before the announcement?

The more I read about the new combined and enhanced program the more it looks like HHonors to me...
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
According to the chart, Mauna Kea Beach Hotel will not provide Platinum breakfast?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by M.dA.R.
There’s also this one about the Platinum Elite Lounge Access benefit: https://members.marriott.com/wp-cont...cess_Final.pdf

Is there a link from https://members.marriott.com to these PDF files?

I hope these are only works-in-progress, and not the definitive charts going forward.

When Marriott acquired Starwood and announced that the loyalty programs would be eventually be combined, I thought that Marriott would come up with Elite benefits based on a significant categories of hotels, such as luxury, full-service, select-service, extended-stay, breakfast-inclusive select-service -- with consistent, easy-to-remember benefits by Elite level.

But that's certainly not the case.

It makes no sense that Sheraton Hotels and Marriott Hotels should have different Elite benefits, or that Courtyard and Aloft should have different Elite benefits.

Apparently, however, the existing franchise agreements with existing brand-specific Elite benefits take precedence over any sort of consistency -- even though there have been some improvements, such as breakfast as an optional benefit for Platinum guests at Marriott-legacy full-service resorts (which were previously exempt from any breakfast benefit).

The charts in these PDF files are confusing. And they make the benefits seem worse than they really are. For example, the first chart makes it seem that breakfast is not an available Platinum Elite benefit at many brands. The realty is that breakfast is a benefit in addition to the Hotel Welcome Gift at the five current Marriott brands that have the lounge/breakfast benefit. Also, a number of Marriott legacy select-service and extended-stay brands provide breakfast to all guests, regardless of membership or Elite level. Instead of a blank box in the breakfast column, it would be more meaningful to have a symbol corresponding to a footnote.

Last edited by Horace; Jun 1, 2018 at 9:41 am
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
These two charts just make everything more confused...
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
According to the chart, Mauna Kea Beach Hotel will not provide Platinum breakfast?
No it shows as a Autograph Resort you'll be able to select breakfast as your welcome gift after August, at the moment as a resort in the current program no breakfast is provided.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
AC Hotels by Marriott

so I’m a bit confused - the benefit faq’s state “A breakfast offering is new for Courtyard, AC Hotels by Marriott, Moxy Hotels, Protea Hotels and resorts”. Which seems to me means as a benefit we should get breakfast at the AC’s. But then when I look at the platinum charts the AC has no lounge benefits and doesn’t have a “dot” in the daily breakfast welcome gift option. Am I missing something?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
does it means those luxury collections hotels that have lounge will stop provide lounge access to plt and above members ?
not sure if any st regis have lounge, but they usually have some kind of cocktail hours for plt
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by s0479
so I’m a bit confused - the benefit faq’s state “A breakfast offering is new for Courtyard, AC Hotels by Marriott, Moxy Hotels, Protea Hotels and resorts”. Which seems to me means as a benefit we should get breakfast at the AC’s. But then when I look at the platinum charts the AC has no lounge benefits and doesn’t have a “dot” in the daily breakfast welcome gift option. Am I missing something?
Protea has a bullet in the breakfast column.

Courtyard, AC Hotels, and MOXY have "$10 F&B credit for member + 1 guest, daily" as one of the welcome gift options (although Courtyard was still missing the word "daily" the last time I looked, which I assume is an error that will be fixed).

If I'm by myself, I'll have a $10 credit each. If my wife is with me, we'll have $20.

I would hope that these brands will all have a breakfast package (such coffee, juice, and a breakfast sandwich or baked item) that can will be covered entirely by the daily credit (including tax and tip). We'll see.

My last two experiences with The Bistro at Courtyards have been good, although quite a few folks on the Marriott forum here seem to hate The Bistro. If someone hates The Bistro at breakfast, the F+B credit can presumably be used at the bar in the evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.