Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Breakfast Benefit

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Breakfast Benefit

What's up with the SPG Platinum breakfast benefit??? I just stayed at a resort with my wife, we selected the breakfast benefit. They gave us coupons for $30/day at their only restaurant, however, the $30 did not even cover one meal and one coffee per person... Doesn't that seem strange? Shouldn't they at least cover a typical breakfast with tip?
Old May 20, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
That's not the stated benefit. Have a close read of benefits and T&Cs.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
What's up with the SPG Platinum breakfast benefit??? I just stayed at a resort with my wife, we selected the breakfast benefit. They gave us coupons for $30/day at their only restaurant, however, the $30 did not even cover one meal and one coffee per person... Doesn't that seem strange? Shouldn't they at least cover a typical breakfast with tip?
There is the large master thread:

Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012

Do you stay at different SPG properties all the time? This is common - not a one off.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
$60/day sounds good to me...
Old May 20, 2018, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
$60/day sounds good to me...
No, it was $30/day for me and the wife... Was not a lot to cover bfast.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Which resort was this? I agree that sometimes the breakfast voucher/credits are not enough at many properties. And that sucks.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Ok now that changes things. Please property shame...
Rd3, C17PSGR and karenkay like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:14 pm

If 15 USD cover a continental BF pp at this restaurant, fine. If not, it is against T&Cs. Rather simple.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by red star
If 15 USD cover a continental BF pp at this restaurant, fine. If not, it is against T&Cs. Rather simple.
Sometimes $15USD doesn't even cover a croissant and a piece of toast.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Perhaps if you gave more details, such as the name of the property, others on FT could provide you their experience with that specific property.
Rd3 likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What specifically did the $15 cover?
Old May 20, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
What specifically did the $15 cover?
All the properties that I've stayed at offering breakfast credit vouchers as a Plat amenity gift have let it cover anything from the menu.
So ordering the lobster eggs florentine won't help.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Property can offer a continental set breakfast at $15 for croissant, juice and coffee. Then it technically follows T&C. Cannot tell without details.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by yyznomad
All the properties that I've stayed at offering breakfast credit vouchers as a Plat amenity gift have let it cover anything from the menu.
So ordering the lobster eggs florentine won't help.
Well you have been lucky then. The T&C only requires the hotel to provide continental breakfast. St. Regis San Francisco and Westin Napa are 2 properties I know of sticking to the rule to the letter. At Westin Napa, they would not even let us upgrade and pay the difference.
Canada101 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by controller1
Perhaps if you gave more details, such as the name of the property, others on FT could provide you their experience with that specific property.
The Ballantyne in Charlotte

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.