Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:52 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
August 18th or Jan 1

So those that have over 750 nights and 10 years of Platinum,, when will the account update LTPP? If Jan 1, then do we get LTP on Aug 18?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dshafiee
So those that have over 750 nights and 10 years of Platinum,, when will the account update LTPP? If Jan 1, then do we get LTP on Aug 18?
If you have LTP in either program as of the merge of the programs (slated for 8/18), then your status should move to MPG LTPP. If it will take merging your accounts to reach 750/10, then that is stated as happening after Jan 1, and your status until then will depend upon what you have now either in the highest of the two, or the result of merging your accounts, so you can go from LT? (depending upon current status) to MPG PP (with your current LT status) to MPG LTPP after the end of the year. This gives members until the end of the year to complete any planned status runs under legacy rules.

If you post your current status in the two programs a more specific answer can be given. For example, I am currently LTG in both programs with 740 and 494 LT nights. I expect to be MPG LTG in both accounts and after I merge my accounts. However, I expect to be MPG LTPP come January.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:53 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I'm also betting MPG will create yet another super-secret status to again carve out those exceptional guests that bust out beyond the higher tiers.
I think they already have this not-so-secret status - the Plat + Ambassador that requires a $20,000 yearly spend with 100 nights. I can't imagine that many members that can top that....

The whole program is tryign to get away from these secret levels - like the secret Marriott's Platinum Premier or the SPG VIP.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
If you have LTP in either program as of the merge of the programs (slated for 8/18), then your status should move to MPG LTPP. If it will take merging your accounts to reach 750/10, then that is stated as happening after Jan 1, and your status until then will depend upon what you have now either in the highest of the two, or the result of merging your accounts, so you can go from LT? (depending upon current status) to MPG PP (with your current LT status) to MPG LTPP after the end of the year. This gives members until the end of the year to complete any planned status runs under legacy rules.

If you post your current status in the two programs a more specific answer can be given. For example, I am currently LTG in both programs with 740 and 494 LT nights. I expect to be MPG LTG in both accounts and after I merge my accounts. However, I expect to be MPG LTPP come January.
Hi Roger

How do you know Aug. 18th will be the day for SPG lifetime plat members becoming LTPP? I don't believe Marriott has told any of us that SPG members will receive this benefit on 8-18. I hope you are correct!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl
BINGO!

I have never used the 48 hr booking benefit and can guarantee you that I never will.

(BTW, I have also qualified for PPE, but I wouldn't have spent more than $100 to achieve it if I had fallen short.)
I used it a couple of times in over 14 years and each time it came in very handy. Expensive but handy.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by puntamita
Hi Roger

How do you know Aug. 18th will be the day for SPG lifetime plat members becoming LTPP? I don't believe Marriott has told any of us that SPG members will receive this benefit on 8-18. I hope you are correct!
Just to clarify, only SPG LT Plats with 750+ nights will get LTPP, so not everyone will qualify.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM

Just to clarify, only SPG LT Plats with 750+ nights will get LTPP, so not everyone will qualify.
I agree with you and was not my point. I believe many of us question if SPG members that qualify for the LTPP will receive the benefit on 8-18 or have to wait until January. . I don't believe any of us have been told on the SPG side? Will know soon though!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium

This is not true, not at all. 750 combined nights, 10 years combined PLT. That was made clear months ago. If you mean that some will have to wait till January 1, then I guess I have no clue and will find out once I merge my accounts.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RichMSN
This is not true, not at all. 750 combined nights, 10 years combined PLT. That was made clear months ago. If you mean that some will have to wait till January 1, then I guess I have no clue and will find out once I merge my accounts.
Poster was referencing SPG LT Plats with 750+ nights, not just any SPG LT Plat (like those 500-749 nights)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:27 am

I am a SPG member who stayed over 500 nights already, which is one of the 2 threshold that need to be attained to get the Lifetime platinum status, but i only got 7 years of elite status, which is 3 years short of the 10 years requirement. I know i haven't fulfilled both criteria, but do you think there will be a chance for me to get the lifetime platinum status after the SPG program combined with Marriott? Because i am done with the nights already, and i just need to keep the elite status for 3 more years, which should not be a problem for me if the SPG program still exist....but now i am 70% complete and the program got merged. Any chance i can fight for getting the lifetime platinum premier if i keep the elite status in the coming 3 years?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
I am a SPG member who stayed over 500 nights already, which is one of the 2 threshold that need to be attained to get the Lifetime platinum status, but i only got 7 years of elite status, which is 3 years short of the 10 years requirement. I know i haven't fulfilled both criteria, but do you think there will be a chance for me to get the lifetime platinum status after the SPG program combined with Marriott? Because i am done with the nights already, and i just need to keep the elite status for 3 more years, which should not be a problem for me if the SPG program still exist....but now i am 70% complete and the program got merged. Any chance i can fight for getting the lifetime platinum premier if i keep the elite status in the coming 3 years?
Today's answer is no. LTPP is not planned to be available after this year. Now, will they change their mind down the road? That's anyone's guess. Your best bet is to press on and at least get LTP and if they should ever open up LTPP for future membership, you should be right in line.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Unfortunately no as LTPP is only until this year to qualify
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Poster was referencing SPG LT Plats with 750+ nights, not just any SPG LT Plat (like those 500-749 nights)
Exactly. Sorry I wasn't clearer.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Today's answer is no. LTPP is not planned to be available after this year. Now, will they change their mind down the road? That's anyone's guess. Your best bet is to press on and at least get LTP and if they should ever open up LTPP for future membership, you should be right in line.
Originally Posted by supatight80
Unfortunately no as LTPP is only until this year to qualify
I think OP was referring to LTP in the new program, not LTPP.

In that case, the answer is LTP will now need to achieve 600 nights and 10 years, with a minimum qualification threshold for Plat at 50 nights. You can still qualify for 2018 with 25 stays at SPG properties only, but you will need a minimum of 50 nights for 2019 and 2020 each.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by RafKa
I think OP was referring to LTP in the new program, not LTPP.
The poster was asking about LTPP.

...Any chance i can fight for getting the lifetime platinum premier if i keep the elite status in the coming 3 years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.