Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood: Do You Still Get Credit For Three Simultaneous Stays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 10:36 am
Hoc
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist

I saw somewhere that, as of August 1, we will not get credit for staying in more than one room at the same time. I know that we used to get stay credit for up to three rooms booked and occupied at the same time. I am looking at trying to requalify for Platinum based on stays before then, and it seems that the most cost-effective way to do so is to book three rooms to occupy at once. Between now and August 1, can I still get 3 stay credits for three rooms at the same time?
Old May 5, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
William has already answered this. See question #2 in the wiki here.

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Nothing changes until Aug 1.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:45 am
Hoc
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:24 am
Hoc
Original Poster

Actually, I just took a look at the Wiki, and it says that you will still earn credit for three nights, not three stays. Does anyone know if you will earn for three stays, or only three nights?
Old May 5, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Both.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It says that effective Aug 1, you will earn points for all 3 rooms, but only elite night credit for 1.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Does it conflict with the statement that SPG members can still earn their elite tiers using spg rules if they stay exclusively with legacy spg brands?
Added .... until the end of 2018
Old May 5, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Does it conflict with the statement that SPG members can still earn their elite tiers using spg rules if they stay exclusively with legacy spg brands?
Added .... until the end of 2018
Effective Aug 1, you will only get credit for 1 room.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I think there is some argument that if you are earning under the legacy program, then nights/stays for the three rooms should continue until the end of December. But for the new account then only nights for your room. Still a lot of open questions.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I guess its not exactly SPG rules ... but "aligned" SPG rules then
Old May 5, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
To be complete, starting Aug 1 (or whenever you merge your accounts into your MPG account), you will only get night credit for your room and can get point credit for up to three rooms (until they change the currently published rules) in your MPG account. Your SPG account should earn according to existing published rules.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:35 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
can i unlink my accounts xD ? Or will i be still able to earn the up to 3x credits in spg until year end anyway ?
Old May 5, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cln
can i unlink my accounts xD ? Or will i be still able to earn the up to 3x credits in spg until year end anyway ?
You're fine with your accounts "linked". Sometime after Aug 1, we will be asked to "merge" our accounts. That's the point of contention, if you merge will you lose the legacy accounts or will they maintain three accounts (MR, SPG, and MPG). We've been told we can continue to earn according to legacy T&Cs to make status. I can't see them allowing us to earn in both and then close the year with the highest status. I see the April announcement as a tease with the core of the new program still unknown. Thankfully we have the Lurkers on FT that are entertaining questions and trying their best to get answers.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Lurker
Please clarify.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avja
Lurker
Please clarify.
You may find a specific question will get answered quicker than something this vague. There are a lot of issues that haven't been addressed and we will see answers trickling out even well past 8/1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.