Starwood Lurker

Old May 3, 18, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador and LTP
Starwood Lurker

I am guessing Starwood name will no longer exist come August. Will William change his login? "Starwood Lurker"
Old May 3, 18, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jjj325 View Post
I am guessing Starwood name will no longer exist come August. Will William change his login? "Starwood Lurker"
Actually, the Starwood name will continue until the end of 2018. They have stated they won't have a new name for the program until sometime in 2019.

I'm just hope the Lurkers will be kept and their involvement with FT continues. MR pretty much disappeared from FT years ago to start Marriott Insiders. Some FTers are on both and will crosspost or link interesting threads here. I'm not interested in dealing with MI and trying to determine what is an individual comment vs marketing hype.
unclepants likes this.
Old May 3, 18, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador and LTP
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
Actually, the Starwood name will continue until the end of 2018. They have stated they won't have a new name for the program until sometime in 2019.

I'm just hope the Lurkers will be kept and their involvement with FT continues. MR pretty much disappeared from FT years ago to start Marriott Insiders. Some FTers are on both and will crosspost or link interesting threads here. I'm not interested in dealing with MI and trying to determine what is an individual comment vs marketing hype.
Where will the Starwood name continue? I thought there is going to be 1 web site and 1 Points program. Will the FT Forums also merge?
Old May 3, 18, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Where will the Starwood name continue? I thought there is going to be 1 web site and 1 Points program. Will the FT Forums also merge?
As stated in the April announcement, we have until the end of this year to earn/use status/points under the SPG rules. At some point after August 1st, we will be asked to merge our accounts (i.e. not done for us) into the new program. I expect that once we merge then our SPG/MR accounts go to zero and only MPG rules will apply. Conflicting statements have been posted, so we are in the hurry-up and wait phase.
Old May 3, 18, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post

Yeah, I was almost going to post a similar thread on the MR board. It's interesting that even with the recent announcements, Starwood Lurker still has been much more active than any MR representative on the MR board. I would have thought either Starwood Lurker would disappear or there would actually be a similar presence on the MR forum. I see "Marriott Rewards Insider" just registered in April for the announcement, and posted a couple times but hasn't posted since 4/19. I guess they forgot the password to "Marriott Concierge" who hasn't posted for over a year.
kaizen7 and beltway like this.
Old May 3, 18, 11:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Can you change your user name ?

Starwood Lurker > Starriott Lurker/Marwood Lurker (Combining account period Aug 18 to Dec 18) > Marriott Lurker (New program start 2019)
Old May 3, 18, 4:05 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
why not just
Lurker
Lurking around the corner
Lurking behind a tree
Lurking in the courtyard lol
Old May 3, 18, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Here.

Yes, eventually. Very unlikely that it's before the end of 2018.

Also very likely at the same time.
Old May 3, 18, 8:43 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Can you change your user name ?

Starwood Lurker > Starriott Lurker/Marwood Lurker (Combining account period Aug 18 to Dec 18) > Marriott Lurker (New program start 2019)
I believe FT allows one user name change.

That said, I hope that William remains on the forum going forward. I had the opportunity to meet him once in person and have enjoyed reading his posts although I've had progressively less time to post myself.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old May 3, 18, 8:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts View Post
why not just
Lurker
Lurking around the corner
Lurking behind a tree
Lurking in the courtyard lol
I think "Starwood Lurker" continuing would be a nice homage to the history of the combined company.
Old May 3, 18, 10:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd View Post
I think "Starwood Lurker" continuing would be a nice homage to the history of the combined company.
But will not be allowed by Marriott management!
Old May 4, 18, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Priority Pass, Star Alliance Gold
The loss of the Starwood Lurker function along with the slow demise of Platinum Liaison are two of the least desirable developments to emerge from the Marriott takeover.
Old May 4, 18, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What is Platinum Liason? Do you mean Plat Concierge or is there some unpublished benefit?
Old May 4, 18, 9:21 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
As long as the Lurkers still all exist I dont care what they call them.
JohnSydney2000 likes this.
Old May 4, 18, 12:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Antonio8069 View Post
The loss of the Starwood Lurker function along with the slow demise of Platinum Liaison are two of the least desirable developments to emerge from the Marriott takeover.
Apparently the "slow demise of Platinum Liaison" has not been very slow. I have no idea what that is! What is/was the Platinum Liaison?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: