FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Starwood Lurker (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1907408-starwood-lurker.html)

jjj325 May 3, 18 8:18 am

Starwood Lurker
 
I am guessing Starwood name will no longer exist come August. Will William change his login? "Starwood Lurker"

RogerD408 May 3, 18 8:23 am


Originally Posted by jjj325 (Post 29710791)
I am guessing Starwood name will no longer exist come August. Will William change his login? "Starwood Lurker"

Actually, the Starwood name will continue until the end of 2018. They have stated they won't have a new name for the program until sometime in 2019.

I'm just hope the Lurkers will be kept and their involvement with FT continues. MR pretty much disappeared from FT years ago to start Marriott Insiders. Some FTers are on both and will crosspost or link interesting threads here. I'm not interested in dealing with MI and trying to determine what is an individual comment vs marketing hype.

jjj325 May 3, 18 8:29 am


Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 29710822)
Actually, the Starwood name will continue until the end of 2018. They have stated they won't have a new name for the program until sometime in 2019.

I'm just hope the Lurkers will be kept and their involvement with FT continues. MR pretty much disappeared from FT years ago to start Marriott Insiders. Some FTers are on both and will crosspost or link interesting threads here. I'm not interested in dealing with MI and trying to determine what is an individual comment vs marketing hype.

Where will the Starwood name continue? I thought there is going to be 1 web site and 1 Points program. Will the FT Forums also merge?

RogerD408 May 3, 18 8:36 am


Originally Posted by jjj325 (Post 29710854)
Where will the Starwood name continue? I thought there is going to be 1 web site and 1 Points program. Will the FT Forums also merge?

As stated in the April announcement, we have until the end of this year to earn/use status/points under the SPG rules. At some point after August 1st, we will be asked to merge our accounts (i.e. not done for us) into the new program. I expect that once we merge then our SPG/MR accounts go to zero and only MPG rules will apply. Conflicting statements have been posted, so we are in the hurry-up and wait phase.

GoPhils May 3, 18 9:16 am


Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 29710822)
Actually, the Starwood name will continue until the end of 2018. They have stated they won't have a new name for the program until sometime in 2019.

I'm just hope the Lurkers will be kept and their involvement with FT continues. MR pretty much disappeared from FT years ago to start Marriott Insiders. Some FTers are on both and will crosspost or link interesting threads here. I'm not interested in dealing with MI and trying to determine what is an individual comment vs marketing hype.

Yeah, I was almost going to post a similar thread on the MR board. It's interesting that even with the recent announcements, Starwood Lurker still has been much more active than any MR representative on the MR board. I would have thought either Starwood Lurker would disappear or there would actually be a similar presence on the MR forum. I see "Marriott Rewards Insider" just registered in April for the announcement, and posted a couple times but hasn't posted since 4/19. I guess they forgot the password to "Marriott Concierge" who hasn't posted for over a year.

kaizen7 May 3, 18 11:32 am

Can you change your user name ?

Starwood Lurker > Starriott Lurker/Marwood Lurker (Combining account period Aug 18 to Dec 18) > Marriott Lurker (New program start 2019) :D

JoeBagodonuts May 3, 18 4:05 pm

why not just
Lurker
Lurking around the corner
Lurking behind a tree
Lurking in the courtyard lol

CPRich May 3, 18 8:03 pm


Originally Posted by jjj325 (Post 29710854)
Where will the Starwood name continue? I thought there is going to be 1 web site and 1 Points program. Will the FT Forums also merge?

Here.

Yes, eventually. Very unlikely that it's before the end of 2018.

Also very likely at the same time.

Totoro May 3, 18 8:43 pm


Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 29711540)
Can you change your user name ?

Starwood Lurker > Starriott Lurker/Marwood Lurker (Combining account period Aug 18 to Dec 18) > Marriott Lurker (New program start 2019) :D

I believe FT allows one user name change.

That said, I hope that William remains on the forum going forward. I had the opportunity to meet him once in person and have enjoyed reading his posts although I've had progressively less time to post myself.

Seattlenerd May 3, 18 8:44 pm


Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts (Post 29712586)
why not just
Lurker
Lurking around the corner
Lurking behind a tree
Lurking in the courtyard lol

I think "Starwood Lurker" continuing would be a nice homage to the history of the combined company.

controller1 May 3, 18 10:19 pm


Originally Posted by Seattlenerd (Post 29713342)
I think "Starwood Lurker" continuing would be a nice homage to the history of the combined company.

But will not be allowed by Marriott management! :(

Antonio8069 May 4, 18 6:51 am

The loss of the Starwood Lurker function along with the slow demise of Platinum Liaison are two of the least desirable developments to emerge from the Marriott takeover.

MSPeconomist May 4, 18 8:11 am

What is Platinum Liason? Do you mean Plat Concierge or is there some unpublished benefit?

drron May 4, 18 9:21 am

As long as the Lurkers still all exist I dont care what they call them.

controller1 May 4, 18 12:30 pm


Originally Posted by Antonio8069 (Post 29714563)
The loss of the Starwood Lurker function along with the slow demise of Platinum Liaison are two of the least desirable developments to emerge from the Marriott takeover.

:confused: Apparently the "slow demise of Platinum Liaison" has not been very slow. I have no idea what that is! What is/was the Platinum Liaison?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:19 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.