SPG Preferred Plus / AAA

Old Apr 25, 18, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, American Express Platinum, Global Entry
SPG Preferred Plus / AAA

I havenít found any conversation related to Marriott status related to AAA in the new program. Currently enjoy Spg Preferred Plus status (matched to Marriott Silver), any insight if this will be discontinued in the new program!? Thanks for your feedback!
Old Apr 27, 18, 7:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hammerrm View Post
I havenít found any conversation related to Marriott status related to AAA in the new program. Currently enjoy Spg Preferred Plus status (matched to Marriott Silver), any insight if this will be discontinued in the new program!? Thanks for your feedback!
I suggest posting this question in the following thread: Official announcement Ė See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

With your posting, ask another FTer to post your question in the Wiki since you don't have the requisite number of posts to do such.
Old Apr 28, 18, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
As of now, there is no status granted for having an AAA account. However, there are AAA rates that will have some additional benefits (breakfast, shorter cancellation window, late check out) that can be booked by anyone, with MR status or not. But it's good to setup a MR account to bank any points/night credit since you really don't know how it will all add up by the end of the year.
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
anyone have an update or any other info on this?
Old Mar 15, 19, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Also note that Marriott (and Hilton) take the AAA rate very seriously. You must verify your account with them prior to booking by supplying your AAA Membership number.

As an AAA member I have mixed feelings about this, it is tedious, but it is good to know others are not gaming the system which my membership is subsidizing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: