Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[Extended] Save 35% when you purchase 5,000+ Starpoints, 19 Apr - 20 Jul 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Extended] Save 35% when you purchase 5,000+ Starpoints, 19 Apr - 20 Jul 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
I have an account as well as my wife has one. The limit is 30,000 points per account.
Can me and my wife purchase 30,000 points each for our own accounts and then can my wife transfer her points to my account?
Not trying to do anything illegal and just want to understand if this is allowed.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
I have an account as well as my wife has one. The limit is 30,000 points per account.
Can me and my wife purchase 30,000 points each for our own accounts and then can my wife transfer her points to my account?
Not trying to do anything illegal and just want to understand if this is allowed.
YES, you are allowed to transfer SPG points to another household member. See above post #3 where Lurker quotes applicable T&C’s.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Thanks Travelosopher. I had missed that part.
I will go ahead and buy them now.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by controller1
Or using them within a year ...
I don't get the "within a year" part- is that because they'll be MR points soon, or is there some sort of expiration?
Old May 31, 2018, 11:06 am

Does anyone know for sure how long the Marriott Travel Packages will be offered? The BRG Program was suddenly changed on 25th May 2018 and just want to make sure the Travel Packages do not go away OR change suddenly out of the blue.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
D*mn, completely lost track of time and forgot to pull the trigger before 11:59pm EST.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I don't get the "within a year" part- is that because they'll be MR points soon, or is there some sort of expiration?
By truncating my statement you've taken the context away. The rest of the statement referred to a percent return. If not used within a year, that percent return is reduced.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Does anyone know for sure how long the Marriott Travel Packages will be offered? The BRG Program was suddenly changed on 25th May 2018 and just want to make sure the Travel Packages do not go away OR change suddenly out of the blue.
It wouldn't surprise me as I think people are trying to find arbitrage opportunities so they might start putting an end to travel package redemptions until Aug 1st. Just a guess though.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:17 pm

Bonus with Amex card

I have bought the points for me, my wife and my parents. First two in April with two different Amex SPG cards. Both purchases got bonus points, great. But I just got my June statements and found that there are no bonus for my last two purchase on May. All of them show the same details on statements "STARWOOD BY POINTS LOYALTY POINTS.COM IL $682.50"

Anyone experience the same inconsistency?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: Jet Privilege
Guys, any chance of getting a discount now in any way?

I need to shift 25000 SPG to 30K KrisFlyer miles for an award ticket but I missed my chance earlier. Any idea how to get a discount now or when this promo will be up again next?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by khlay
I have bought the points for me, my wife and my parents. First two in April with two different Amex SPG cards. Both purchases got bonus points, great. But I just got my June statements and found that there are no bonus for my last two purchase on May. All of them show the same details on statements "STARWOOD BY POINTS LOYALTY POINTS.COM IL $682.50"

Anyone experience the same inconsistency?
My last statement hasn't posted but I checked the Amex new interface site where it shows you the points earned on purchases and I'm also not seeing the bonus for the points I purchased on May 31st. I believe this same site showed the bonus points when I had made a purchase in April (gifting points) also before that statement closed. I'll wait another week for the last statement to post and then reach out to Amex chat support if the bonus isn't listed then.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: Some
Just got an email from SPG - offer is back with 35% bonus on 5,000 or more Starpoints until 20th July (as I suspected would be the case)!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, UA Silver
man, this is perfect! forgot to purchase before the last deadline.

SPG selling points with such discounts before August 1st - why would they do this?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Just got an email from SPG - offer is back with 35% bonus on 5,000 or more Starpoints until 20th July (as I suspected would be the case)!
Just tried. No success since I've bought it in April. No 10K extra allowance like last year.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chiasmatic
SPG selling points with such discounts before August 1st - why would they do this?
If I were a cynic, I'd say that sometimes this is a sign of an impending devaluation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.