Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
To each their own, I can't stop them from claiming for Marriott properties but they will quickly learn that their expenses get approved much quicker if they choose other chains that haven't screwed me over and they will get the message if they don't take my verbal steer to begin with.
If you made a policy specified on that front I bet you would face challenges, and if you made an an informal policy as such that you could face challenges both from the chain, your employees, and relevant state authorities.

If I were an employer I could not imagine trying to impose chain preferences based on personal treatment. My concern would be more on price.

Best of luck though.
SF1K, MSPeconomist and Yul_voyager like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Seriously? You would hurt your own employees by slowing down their expense approval just because you have a problem with how a corporation determined lifetime platinum thresholds? Seriously, that is nuts even for FT world.

I can understand you deciding to take your business elsewhere, like directing employees to switch to Hilton etc. but not intentionally slowing down reimbursements at vendors that are pre-approved at the corporate level because of your own personal vendetta.

Your employees should quit. I am sure I will get sanctioned/ censored for posting this but seriously.
SF1K, TerryK, clarkef and 5 others like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Certainly not for my 100 nights and the 100 folks who have their expenses signed off by me.
Originally Posted by SF1K
Wow I would never use my powers of signing expense reports to dictate to employees which business they can and cannot frequent. I certainly don't tell my employees they can't expense a steak just because I don't eat red meat.
To each their own, I can't stop them from claiming for Marriott properties but they will quickly learn that their expenses get approved much quicker if they choose other chains that haven't screwed me over and they will get the message if they don't take my verbal steer to begin with.
So you're going to screw your employees because you're unhappy with a business decision that Marriott made?

Years ago I worked for a division of Boeing in a remote office. The branch manager was measured and compensated on, among other things, profitability of the branch. To boost his profit one quarter, he held all expense reports until the start of the next quarter, and approved them all then. Corporate had a fit when they found out. Not only did they recalculate his bonus back to what it should have been, but they also penalized him on top of that.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
So you're going to screw your employees because you're unhappy with a business decision that Marriott made?

Years ago I worked for a division of Boeing in a remote office. The branch manager was measured and compensated on, among other things, profitability of the branch. To boost his profit one quarter, he held all expense reports until the start of the next quarter, and approved them all then. Corporate had a fit when they found out. Not only did they recalculate his bonus back to what it should have been, but they also penalized him on top of that.
Maybe they should have fired him, so he could go to work for a bank and give people unwanted credit cards to boost his bonus.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Hopefully they have corporate credit cards that are paid directly by your company. If they have to pay interest on their own cards because you have slowed their reimbursement then hopefully you are just blowing off steam and would not subject them or their families to an out of pocket financial cost just because you don't like that a hotel chain does not treat you elite enough. Hopefully your employees are making hotel decisions based on things like cost and convenience to where they need to be in the morning and not based on your ego.
SF1K likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Wow...you appear to have far greater personal issues than status at a loyalty program.

I sign off on expense claims too but I would never intentionally hold up claims because I disagreed with a staff member's choice of hotel chain. The only criteria I would apply is that a corporate rate or lower was chosen. If you were signing my expense claims, I'd report you to your bosses and if you are the boss, I'd quit because of serious questions about judgement, maturity and ethics.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:38 pm
Suspended

If were Marriott management I would be quite happy to lose you as a client.
SF1K, Canada101, fdem and 1 others like this.

Last edited by M.dA.R.; May 11, 2018 at 3:35 am
Old May 10, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
This is the funniest childish empty threat I have ever heard! If it is not your own business, they will complain to your immediate supervisor. It will take a minute of her/his call with you to solve this issue once and for all. It may even end up in your performance review.... But this is not a time and place to discuss this.
SF1K, Canada101 and Yul_voyager like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Congratulations, and thanks for starting this!
Well done! I'm positively shocked. Haven't expected such a swift and fair decision by Marriott.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Actually would it be easier if you just limit which chain your employees could go for a business stay?
Old May 10, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
I’m starting to question the integrity of this post. In another thread he asks how he can recover an old MR account that he supposedly has 100 nights in, but doesn’t have access to the email address. How about calling MR to easily have that resolved? Doesn’t sound like somebody who manages 100+ people. Are we being trolled?
Old May 11, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Well I hope one of those 50 supposed employees is reading Flyertalk and they will found out what your are doing.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K Elite, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I could not find the Facebook"SPG lifetime Platinum 750+" group.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Glad you don't work for me.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
That'll show 'em.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.