Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Question: SPG redemption change after Aug. 1???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: SPG redemption change after Aug. 1???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:09 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
Just keep in mind that Gritti Palace is an SPG property, so none of this helps OP.
Definitely missed that little piece of information. You are correct, right now only the Marriott side will allow award reservations to be made without the necessary points being in your account. And hopefully, that will stay around after the programs merge.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:04 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by hhoope01
On the booking page, right under the picture of the room there should be the following boxed text in red: "Additional points required: With Points Advance, you can wait to earn the points you need and redeem them before you stay.". And at the very bottom of the page, there is a "book now" button. Press it and assuming you have all the CC info filled in correctly, you will have a reservation.

Note that you do have to be logged into your account to make any award reservation. If you are still having problems with the online tool, you can call MR and a reservations agent can make the award reservation for you as well.
Thank you, that is good to know! I have a lot of Marriott-related learning to do in the next few months!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.