Wiki Posts
Search

SNA in the transition period

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

SNA in the transition period

As per the updated T&C’s for the SPG 50 Nights Benefit (See ​​​https://www.spgpromos.com/50nightsbenefit after you log in and only if you have qualified for the benefit):

The selection of a Platinum 50 Eligible Nights Benefit is only valid for Platinum Preferred Guest® members who have posted 50 eligible nights to their SPG member account in the applicable qualifying period. In the event that an eligible Platinum Preferred Guest fails to select a Platinum 50 Eligible Nights Benefit by 11:59 a.m. ET July 27, 2018, such Platinum Preferred Guest will receive 10 Suite Night Awards as his/her 2018 Platinum 50 Eligible Nights Benefit. If a member reaches 50 eligible nights between 12:00 p.m. ET July 27, 2018 and 11:59 p.m. ET December 31, 2018, member will have the option to select 5 Suite Night Awards as one of the available Platinum 50 Annual Choice Benefits for 2018.

I take it that after July 27 the new rules will kick in, so if one reaches 75 nights after that date, one will be entitled to choose the 75 nights benefit. This could lead to 15 SNA’s in 2018 for those who reach SPG Plat 50 before July 27 and Starriott Plat 75 after that date.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
So do suite nights carry over when the changes occur?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Marriott is keeping the exact same structure for this benefit with a roll-over to all 29 brands (probably some excepted), so I guess yes.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
So the entire "all benefits under the existing program will continue to the end of the year" idea is false.

Very disappointing.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Yes, just got 10 added with an expiration date of 31 December 2019.
osotoc likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by CPRich
So the entire "all benefits under the existing program will continue to the end of the year" idea is false.

Very disappointing.
Weak. As an LTP, I thought that if I would be close to 50 nights this year, I'd go for it for the SNAs. There's no way that will happen before July, and there's no incentive to reach 50 nights anymore.
travelista and CPRich like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Newly posted in SPG FAQ

"We will honor ambassador service for members that stay 100 nights at SPG hotels in 2018. "

They need consistency in either honoring or not honoring all terms of the current programs through the end of the year. 50 by 7/31 but 100 by 12/31???
Old May 6, 2018, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CPRich
Newly posted in SPG FAQ

"We will honor ambassador service for members that stay 100 nights at SPG hotels in 2018. "

They need consistency in either honoring or not honoring all terms of the current programs through the end of the year. 50 by 7/31 but 100 by 12/31???
This seems unfair to those who do 100 nights using (some) Marriott hotels since such people also need $20,000 spend to get an Ambassador for next year.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This seems unfair to those who do 100 nights using (some) Marriott hotels since such people also need $20,000 spend to get an Ambassador for next year.
It's because Marriott couldn't be bothered to introduce the new earning structure until 1/3 of the way into the year, so it's a final compromise to let SPGers qualify one final time under the old way (since many of us were already well on that path)

It's also unfair that I can't earn ~35 status nights from my credit card this year like Marriott people can for similar spend...it goes both ways.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:57 am

so my question is - if i already have hit 50 nights spg and have 10 SNAs in my account - and i also have already 75 marriott nights for plat, do i get another 10 SNA's aug 1 for a total of 20? That would be amazing
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yerffej201
so my question is - if i already have hit 50 nights spg and have 10 SNAs in my account - and i also have already 75 marriott nights for plat, do i get another 10 SNA's aug 1 for a total of 20? That would be amazing
No. After August 1 you’ll get SNAs if you hit the new milestones after that date, 5 per each milestone.

If you have already hit both those milestones prior to Aug 1, no extra SNAs for you.

There’s a slight chance that someone may hoarde 15 SNAs this year through a fortunate combination of events (SPG50 before 7/27 and MPG75 after that), but 20 SNAs will be impossible.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:34 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
will one be able to use sna's from last year at Marriott properties after August ??
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:22 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by M.dA.R.

No. After August 1 you’ll get SNAs if you hit the new milestones after that date, 5 per each milestone.

If you have already hit both those milestones prior to Aug 1, no extra SNAs for you.

There’s a slight chance that someone may hoarde 15 SNAs this year through a fortunate combination of events (SPG50 before 7/27 and MPG75 after that), but 20 SNAs will be impossible.

I believe that there is a slight chance that everyone who hits 75 nights this year may end up with 15 SNAs but that's only because my middle name is Pollyanna.

(Please note a strong emphasis on slight- closer to miniscule

I actually think there is a strong chance that those who hit 50 prior to August and hit 75 after they combine will be unicorns with 15 SNAs for 2018.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Reach 75 last week ... doubt marriott will be generous enough to grant extra 5 sna even though they will remove 1 benefit (your 24) starting August
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That would be 50 legacy Starwoods, not combined, right?

I predict (and hope) that there will be screams if legacy SPG folks end up getting more SNAs than people doing the same number of nights on the Marriott side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.