Class Action Law Suit

Old Apr 16, 18, 10:56 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
Now known as Specter Litt...
Spoiler alert! I'm only on Season 4. Although I figured that Rachel Zane would probably be leaving at some time
Old Apr 16, 18, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Fanfare did come from Marriott... Not only didn't they just announce whatever they needed to announce, they invited a bunch of people to a big unveiling in New York...
So not announcing something is spoiling the announcement? And inviting people to an announcement spoils an announcement.

I guess Apple has already ruined their iPhone XI announcement by not announcing it. And they'll absolutely destroy it by actually inviting people to an announcement.

Old Apr 16, 18, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Overall for the program going forward this works out to being about as good as we might have hoped for
Sue them!!! Sue them for everything they've got!!!!

(but, fwiw, you still have to the end of the year to meet the LT requirements you are so worried about, just as they said - "You can also qualify via the existing criteria through December 31, 2018.")
Old Apr 16, 18, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Aggregating stays across programs mid-year makes it easier to attain status. Another reason to sue!
Old Apr 16, 18, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPRich
So not announcing something is spoiling the announcement? And inviting people to an announcement spoils an announcement.

I guess Apple has already ruined their iPhone XI announcement by not announcing it. And they'll absolutely destroy it by actually inviting people to an announcement.

I'm not suggesting that.

I'm just saying that somebody was incorrectly blaming bloggers for "fanfare" as if Marriott made no effort to make a big deal of their presentation.
Old Apr 16, 18, 9:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Well fair warning has been given with the status quo pretty much staying until the end of the year. However any interested class action parties should contact Mr. M Cohen Esq. He can be quite generous in the out of pocket costs he covers and is a real fixer. Mainly based out of NYC & Washington - note contrary to rumours he does not work out of the Czech Republic.
Old Apr 18, 18, 8:35 pm

I would take the money you would spend on legal fees and use it for Waldorf Astorias , Conrads, Park Hyatts, and Fairmont - it will be a liberating experience
Old Apr 18, 18, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan

I bet paying for 16, low price stays would be less expensive than the time and money invested in legal action.
And if the OP does this on the sooner rather than later side, the outcome will likely be pretty certain
Old Aug 3, 19, 6:24 pm

We should move forward to file suit..

Originally Posted by UncleDude
For the past 12 months Marriott executives have been promoting "End of Year 2018" As the merger date, which of course would fit in ideally with Members Stay and Status Targets. Now suddenly its August somewhat different to year end. This could of course affect Thousands of SPG Members aiming for Lifetime Gold or Platinum Status.

Can anybody suggest a Good Class Action Attorney should something nasty happen.

Uncle Dude : 16 Stays away from Lifetime Platinum and somewhat concerned

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 5, 19 at 9:13 am Reason: This thread closed, now supereceded by the equivalent thread in the Marriott Bonvoy forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.