Search

Honey moon help: Asia beach destinations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards-Gold, SPG-Platinum
Honey moon help: Asia beach destinations

Hello,
I am looking to book my honeymoon in August and I am looking for beach destinations in Asia. I am a lifetime gold/Platinum 100 if that helps with hotels who tend to treat premium customers better. I will be paying for the hotels but I have around 100,000 points in case I need to use them if the ratio is reasonable.

Please help me out.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:34 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by gomurad
Hello,
I am looking to book my honeymoon in August and I am looking for beach destinations in Asia. I am a lifetime gold/Platinum 100 if that helps with hotels who tend to treat premium customers better. I will be paying for the hotels but I have around 100,000 points in case I need to use them if the ratio is reasonable.

Please help me out.
hi going in August will limit your options as in many parts of SE Asia are in monsoon season so avoiding Phuket, langkawi and other parts f malaysia would be advisable. That leaves koh samui on Thailand ‘S east coast and Bali. If you haven’t been to Bali I would recommend it. You have many spg options. Would definitely recommend the St. Regis as it is your honeymoon. Not in the best part of Bali to access other areas but great for a few days on the beach. You could do multi locations, perhaps at the soon to be opened Renaissance in ululating and element in Ubud. The W in seminyak is better located but too modern and no feeling of being in Bali Utd just my personal opinion.

re koh samui would recommend the Vana belle or W

assume you would fly into either Singapore or Bangkok so many spg options in each.

there are also a couple of newly opened resorts in da nang ( not sure about weather in this part but think it should be ok)

​​​​​​​hope this helps
craigthemif likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
August is definitely not ideal for SE Asia beach holidays. If see a hotel that looks good, but rates seem suspiciously low, then you can count on rain.

As mentioned by @fdem, Samui or Bali are your best bets. Can't really comment on which SPG options are the best though.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Can recommend to fly in to Singapore and stay for a few days. See the city. We stayed for four nights in August-September and saw plenty of it. After that we took a flight to Bali and stayed for two weeks.

Had very good weather and barely no rain at all. Lots of spg hotels to choose from as well.

​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.