Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Help: Is This Cool or is it OK to Be Upset: Who's to blame Ambassador? Sheraton Fiji?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help: Is This Cool or is it OK to Be Upset: Who's to blame Ambassador? Sheraton Fiji?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
No one is happy or unhappy. Just trying to help another family in the future.

And your now saying that the Ambassador booked the whole thing from square one is different than what you first said in your post, that "we" booked, then "after" booking you e-mailed your Ambassador. And you're right, it is murky since the website does not allow, as you have said, even 4 in a room, so how were you (or your Ambassador) even able to book 4 in one and 5 in another? That's what's so confusing.

Glad you had a good vacation.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
No one is happy or unhappy. Just trying to help another family in the future.

And your now saying that the Ambassador booked the whole thing from square one is different than what you first said in your post, that "we" booked, then "after" booking you e-mailed your Ambassador. And you're right, it is murky since the website does not allow, as you have said, even 4 in a room, so how were you (or your Ambassador) even able to book 4 in one and 5 in another? That's what's so confusing.

Glad you had a good vacation.
True this. Would like to see that automatic confirmation from Spg.com as well stating the ambassador have booked two rooms one with 4 and second room with 5.
It's a bit fishy this one.. it's not adding up right. I can only guess the OP booked two rooms for two ppl in each on spg.com, after this he emailed his ambassador the changes he wanted to make with a total of 4+5 and the ambassador replied it was okay. So end of the line OP knew he was doing wrong and used a hole in the Spg program to make the changes he wanted to do.
I believe both were doing wrong and this is why SPG only compensates the third room and not the fourth as well. Who's to blame? Both. My two cents.

Last edited by joakgarp; Apr 13, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I'm pleased that you are happy to appoint yourself as arbiter of what the whole point of this thread is. I'm equally happy that you are content to apportion blame without full access to the facts. Me, I'm not interested in blaming anyone until the full facts have been disclosed
Oh, c'mon - the full truth is never disclosed. Not even if the ambassador in question posts his version of the events, and not even if that version agrees with the OP, and not even if both the ambassador and the OP genuinely believe they are telling the truth - because even then we still can't be sure that their perceptions and memories are actually the truth. That leaves us with two options: 1) we can either analyze the situation based on OP's facts, or 2) we can accuse the OP of being a liar. You can do 2 if you are so inclined (hey, it's a favorite pastime on FT!), but if you do, at least have the decency to be honest about it and admit that that's that's what you're doing - rather than conjuring up alternative scenarios that directly conflict with what the OP has already stated as his version of the facts.

Based on the OP's presented facts, the ambassador was notified months in advance about the party composition, yet was only notified about a problem on the day he was departing for the property. And that's why this thread exists, because if the OP had been notified in anything resembling a timely manner that his party composition violated hotel policy, he could have arranged alternative plans. That's why the delay in notifying OP is the point of this thread and why it's so absurd for you to ignore that, all while instead focusing on what time delay may have occurred between OP's initial contact with ambassador regarding this reservation and the disclosure of the full party composition (and which, as OP has now clarified, there was none at all).

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
It would have been simple for the OP to state what was requested at time of booking but he has not done so despite multiple requests here since the beginning of this thread
And the OP has.

Originally Posted by joakgarp
It's a bit fishy this one.. it's not adding up right. I can only guess the OP booked two rooms for two ppl in each on spg.com, after this he emailed his ambassador the changes he wanted to make with a total of 4+5 and the ambassador replied it was okay. So end of the line OP knew he was doing wrong and used a hole in the Spg program to make the changes he wanted to do.
How the booking was made was already posted in the OP. OP stated it wasn't via spg.com. Again, it's literally all right there - but the witch hunt continues nevertheless.

Last edited by gengar; Apr 13, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
So much desire to blame people on these forums. I’m not even being that harsh on SPG. It was a mistake. They tried to help ameliorate it. We had a good vacation.

to answer a previous question. Even the family of 4 was told they are too big for a double room. It simply gets very murky.
I am ecstatic that 14 days after the first request in this thread for clarification of what the booking process was, and multiple requests since it has finally been answered - much pointless discussion could have been avoided with full and accurate information from the outset.

As well as ecstatic , I am also amused by the comment So much desire to blame people on these forums in a thread started by yourself and titled Who's to blame Ambassador? Sheraton Fiji? Pot, kettle, black

The quality and clarity of the discussion is directly related to the accuracy and completeness of the facts provided.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
That leaves us with two options: 1) we can either analyze the situation based on OP's facts, or 2) we can accuse the OP of being a liar. You can do 2 if you are so inclined (hey, it's a favorite pastime on FT!), but if you do, at least have the decency to be honest about it and admit that that's that's what you're doing - rather than conjuring up alternative scenarios that directly conflict with what the OP has already stated as his version of the facts.
I would love you to point out where I have accused the OP of being a liar and you completely ignore the third option which is what I have actually pursued which is further information before making judgement which finally the OP has provided.

Witch hunt ? Will fake news be the next allegation you throw out? You might end up being accused of plagiarism
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
The OP is somewhat happy with the final result. Perhaps we can stop the forensic examination?
Canada101 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JBauer
So much desire to blame people on these forums. I’m not even being that harsh on SPG. It was a mistake. They tried to help ameliorate it. We had a good vacation.

to answer a previous question. Even the family of 4 was told they are too big for a double room. It simply gets very murky.
Your OP was very constructive and informative, as well as your subsequent posts here. You certainly weren't vindictive or spreading vitriol.
I'd suggest to just ignore the others on their high horses or with whatever problem they have with your posts.
I'm glad it worked out for you in the end and that you had/have quality time with your family on vacation.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by controller1
The OP is somewhat happy with the final result. Perhaps we can stop the forensic examination?
completely agree....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.