Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast at SPG Luxury Brand Hotel China?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Breakfast at SPG Luxury Brand Hotel China?

Booked stay late August 2018 at The Hongta Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai. I'm Marriott Gold. Should we expect breakfast? It is SPG Cat-3 and soon to be new Cat-4 hotel.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:57 am

Are you a 50-night MR Gold that will becoming a Plat in the new program? Then yes, you should get breakfast.

I've never been to this particular hotel but all of the more upscale hotels in China that I've been to had delightful breakfasts, hopefully this is no exception for you.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Are you a 50-night MR Gold that will becoming a Plat in the new program? Then yes, you should get breakfast.

I've never been to this particular hotel but all of the more upscale hotels in China that I've been to had delightful breakfasts, hopefully this is no exception for you.
We should be MR Plat after the merger. It is going to be interesting since this is not normal Marriott, but from the SPG side. We also booked the stay at Le Royal Meridien. Do not really know what to expect.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by RedSun
Booked stay late August 2018 at The Hongta Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai. I'm Marriott Gold. Should we expect breakfast? It is SPG Cat-3 and soon to be new Cat-4 hotel.
As at Rewards legacy brands, Platinum breakfast at SPG legacy brands has nothing to do with the redemption category, old or new.

The rules for Platinum breakfast at the high-end Rewards brands and SPG brands are not changing much. At SPG brands, daily breakfast for Platinum member + 1 will continue to be a Platinum Welcome Gift option, instead of points. This includes Luxury Collection.

See the chart PLATINUM ELITE WELCOME GIFT OPTIONS (choice of one, except where noted).

The chart is somewhat confusing. At first, it appears that five Rewards legacy brands will no longer provide daily breakfast. But that's because they'll continue to offer today's lounge/breakfast benefit in addition to the Platinum Welcome Gift. The big difference is that resorts of those five brands will no longer be excluded, but will follow the SPG model.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:02 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
We should be MR Plat after the merger. It is going to be interesting since this is not normal Marriott, but from the SPG side. We also booked the stay at Le Royal Meridien. Do not really know what to expect.
Not sure why you'd pick the Hongta over the LRM, even with the slight commute the LRM wins hands down even with renovations with superior rooms/location and amenities / service over Hongta.

I can't comment about whether you'll get breakfast or not, but a few notes about this hotel.
1) Old beat up rooms, they pictures online look good but it is dated, very dated. I' stayed one weekend out of curiosity for a change, won't go back
2) Breakfast a bit different, made to order from a menu. It is all you can eat but for somethings you order from the waiter
3) Happy hour is Cat-3 level for sure.

The value for the room, location is reasonable but here there is no deal compared to to some of the other properties in the Starriot chain.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Horace
As at Rewards legacy brands, Platinum breakfast at SPG legacy brands has nothing to do with the redemption category, old or new.

The rules for Platinum breakfast at the high-end Rewards brands and SPG brands are not changing much. At SPG brands, daily breakfast for Platinum member + 1 will continue to be a Platinum Welcome Gift option, instead of points. This includes Luxury Collection.

See the chart PLATINUM ELITE WELCOME GIFT OPTIONS (choice of one, except where noted).

The chart is somewhat confusing. At first, it appears that five Rewards legacy brands will no longer provide daily breakfast. But that's because they'll continue to offer today's lounge/breakfast benefit in addition to the Platinum Welcome Gift. The big difference is that resorts of those five brands will no longer be excluded, but will follow the SPG model.
MR really needs to clean up this mess. So many brands and confusing perks, if any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.