FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   [Targeted] Select Member Exclusives Promotions Feb/Mar 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1892192-targeted-select-member-exclusives-promotions-feb-mar-2018-a.html)

nologic Mar 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Canada101 (Post 29471669)
I just about fell off my chair. Got an email tonight with an "Exclusive Offer". I rarely qualify for these but actually got one! (I did a happy dance -- yes, I'm pathetic).

Second stay = 2,000 points
Third stay = 2,500 points
Fourth stay = 3,000 points
Max: 7,500 points for stays from March 1 to May 31, 2018

Major thanks to Starwood for trying to include more members in these "exclusive" promos!

US PLAT25. I think I got this exact promo because I just received:

2000 MBR EXCLUS 2ND STAY
2500 MBR EXCLUS 3RD STAY

So, I suspect I'll receive 3,000 points for my next stay prior to May 31st. Too bad it has to end.

Thanks SPG!

RafKa Mar 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by pageboy (Post 29482301)
Everyone needs to revisit the March 1 promo. It worked for me, and I never received notice.

Here's the link-
https://spgpromos.com/selectmemberex...language=en_US

Damn, I missed this and had a 12 night trip before I registered... And none more anticipated till the end of the promo. Hope through some glitch I’ll still get the double credit...

huhuhusky Mar 26, 2018 8:44 pm

Got double stays and & nights.

Intl359Widget Mar 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Unfortunately as an US25 Plat, I wasn't offered anything for this promo.

Posted from a Marriott Hotel tonight.

dolceguess4 Apr 16, 2018 1:16 am

Design hotels eligibility

Do Design hotels qualify for the double stay/night promotion?

yurtripper Apr 16, 2018 9:54 am

Originally Posted by dolceguess4 (Post 29645084)
Do Design hotels qualify for the double stay/night promotion?

Yes, I stayed at one of the Design hotels in ATH recently and it counted 2x.

shevboyz Aug 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Anyone who had double stay/night promo combined their account yet? Does the total nights add up properly?

yurtripper Aug 28, 2018 10:02 am

I had the 2x stay/nights promo active from Feb-Apr. My SPG app total is short 4 nights. Some of this is due to a Fresh Hotel Athens booking, where I've only just realised that the hotel credited me as only staying for one night when I stayed for two. When I view my YTD stays on the desktop using the old SPG legacy interface it shows the double nights correctly for each stay in the promo period but the YTD total adds up to two more than the app shows (but 2 less than expected due to the Fresh booking losing one day's stay).

The other issue I have is that the SPG app no longer shows stays - it only shows nights - so if you are trying to qualify this year on 25 legacy SPG stays (as I am) then it's hard to track. Where do we go now to quickly check #stays ?

sandyph Sep 2, 2018 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper (Post 30139591)
I had the 2x stay/nights promo active from Feb-Apr. My SPG app total is short 4 nights. Some of this is due to a Fresh Hotel Athens booking, where I've only just realised that the hotel credited me as only staying for one night when I stayed for two. When I view my YTD stays on the desktop using the old SPG legacy interface it shows the double nights correctly for each stay in the promo period but the YTD total adds up to two more than the app shows (but 2 less than expected due to the Fresh booking losing one day's stay).

The other issue I have is that the SPG app no longer shows stays - it only shows nights - so if you are trying to qualify this year on 25 legacy SPG stays (as I am) then it's hard to track. Where do we go now to quickly check #stays ?

yeah, I have checked with multiple CSO (both USA and SG) and nobody can tell me how many stays I have this year which is pretty concerning.
and it seems that Marriott flatly ignored any of the double stay/night credit from Feb-Apr on the new system, so what are the points of having those promos in the first place?

sandyph Sep 3, 2018 4:57 am

Finally get a CSO that can 'see' my stays YTD and she confirmed that the double nights/stays promo are no longer counted for the 25 stays for this year

Any lurker can double confirm this?

skrosvik Sep 3, 2018 5:19 am

Im missing 8 nights, probably from this promo too.

shevboyz Sep 3, 2018 5:37 am

I received an email back in May saying I have achieved platinum till Feb 2020. I did this via the double stay promo.
surely they are not going to go back on this?

The lack of communication on outstanding issues is a real shamble. I really dun mind them taking longer time to fix it but at the very least they should communicate clearly to us what are the issues that they are aware of.

Tokyoite Sep 3, 2018 10:05 am

Me too. I also completed my stays and received an email back in May saying I have achieved platinum till Feb 2020.

yurtripper Sep 3, 2018 10:48 am

Originally Posted by sandyph (Post 30161063)
Finally get a CSO that can 'see' my stays YTD and she confirmed that the double nights/stays promo are no longer counted for the 25 stays for this year

Any lurker can double confirm this?

That's outrageous if it's true. It means that someone who used the promo to achieve 25 stays *before* August 18 would have been acknowledged as qualifying for Plat on stays already (13 stays in the promo period would have been enough), but someone who had participated in the same promo but didn't clear the 25 stay hurdle in advance would have had those all those extra stays count for nothing.

I had 21 stays before the switchover so I thought I was just 4 stays short of SPG legacy qualification; if my Select stays are ignored then that would increase to 10. That means that Platinum qualification is out of reach as my scheduled November vacation has now been pushed back to Jan/Feb :(

However, when I use the legacy interface to see my YTD SPG activity screen the double nights ARE still showing (but I still have two fewer nights in the app than the total from this screen), so there's something very odd going on here.

remymartin Sep 3, 2018 10:49 am

Me not three. I completed my stays last month (days before doom's day) but never received an e-mail.