FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Flexible Calendar? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1892140-flexible-calendar.html)

mbowden19 Feb 3, 2018 6:55 pm

Flexible Calendar?

Is there a way to search SPG for varying dates across multiple months/days without punching in each date? A flexible calendar if you will.....

CPRich Feb 3, 2018 7:43 pm

What are you looking to do? I don't see how a web site could show every rate, for every room type, for every length of stay, over a month long period. Just one month, with 8 different rates, would yield thousands of results.

If you're just looking to check rates for different in/out dates, yes, you need to need to change the two dates and hit Search, AFAIK.

mbowden19 Feb 3, 2018 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 29376779)
What are you looking to do? I don't see how a web site could show every rate, for every room type, for every length of stay, over a month long period. Just one month, with 8 different rates, would yield thousands of results.

If you're just looking to check rates for different in/out dates, yes, you need to need to change the two dates and hit Search, AFAIK.

In my current case the optimal thing I'm trying to do would be to look at options using miles for a specific region (Caribbean in this case). Something like - Staying 5 days (or a range 4-7, etc...), using miles, starting from April 1 for a 30 day period. I wouldn't need 8 different rates I'd just be looking for a "rates from X$ or Xpoints"

I know the option to do this is available on Marriott (have to search via specific property or city and then property) just thought it might be hidden in the SPG system somewhere.

stant Feb 3, 2018 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by mbowden19 (Post 29376853)
In my current case the optimal thing I'm trying to do would be to look at options using miles for a specific region (Caribbean in this case). Something like - Staying 5 days (or a range 4-7, etc...), using miles, starting from April 1 for a 30 day period. I wouldn't need 8 different rates I'd just be looking for a "rates from X$ or Xpoints"

I know the option to do this is available on Marriott (have to search via specific property or city and then property) just thought it might be hidden in the SPG system somewhere.

AFIK the only 'calendar of rates' is shown on the spg hot escapes page, so it would be a max of 45 days out. starwoods used to have the sort of data you are looking for, but not any more...

controller1 Feb 3, 2018 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by mbowden19 (Post 29376853)

Sure you can do that. Do a normal search for the first range of dates for the rate(s) you wish to see (up to four). If there are multiple properties in the location searched, each will have the "DATES FLEXIBLE?" entry at the bottom of each property's section. Click that and you will see the available dates for the specific rate you choose from the drop-down box.