Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Birth Year Rate

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
they already had that in place for properties in popular locations like nyc....
Yes but I'm talking about 1999 births paying $99 and 2000 paying $100 ($100 + birth year) as a means to continue the promo and keep the young ones paying more than their elders. If a property required the $100 service charge, the 2000 birthday would pay $200 per night. The deal stops being good at a certain birth year point anyway for most places since night 1 is usually more than BAR so I can't imagine this one was being abused, and they could keep it from being abused with a few tweaks. I drove a lot of business to SPG for my dad because of this program. He's a 1953 birthday and he even got rooms in DC for $53 a night for nights 2 and 3.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Yes but I'm talking about 1999 births paying $99 and 2000 paying $100 ($100 + birth year) as a means to continue the promo and keep the young ones paying more than their elders. If a property required the $100 service charge, the 2000 birthday would pay $200 per night. The deal stops being good at a certain birth year point anyway for most places since night 1 is usually more than BAR so I can't imagine this one was being abused, and they could keep it from being abused with a few tweaks.
i agree....my point was that something like this would be easy to implement since they already had that in place for certain locations....

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I drove a lot of business to SPG for my dad because of this program. He's a 1953 birthday and he even got rooms in DC for $53 a night for nights 2 and 3.
same here....i got my dad some pretty good deals with this rate & i used this myself quite often....
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:26 am

I used the BDay promotion twice at the Westin Galleria in Dallas. While I enjoyed the < $100 rate for 2 days, the first full price day was always inflated, and I added on an extra day on top of that. Still, I managed to save a few dollars and am totally bummed to see it gone. I was just looking last week for that rate at that hotel!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
I just checked for the Birth Year Rate a couple weeks ago when I was making a res in Ottawa. No luck with that. And since rates were unusually high, I used points instead. I was quite sure the BYR rate was gone forever, but I checked anyway. I miss that rate!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Very, very, very rarely, even if it's on the hotel's offer page.
why wouldnt they have pulled it from offers page? i remember seeing it in past few months.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:34 am

i have a hotel booked with this rate in October....I hope they honor it. It has the offer written on the booking!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They should but good luck in that my previous confirmations said something like the birth rate would be applied at check in/out. Save and print (to carry hard copies with you to show to the hotel) all possible documentation. Be prepared to escalate to the manager on duty and allow lots of extra time to argue if necessary at check out. I'd try hard to solve any problems at the property rather than later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.