Terrible Website Issues

Old Dec 30, 17, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Terrible Website Issues

I haven't been on the SPG website for some time, but signed in today. I was looking for Honolulu hotel stays on points. You used to be able to put in your destination, dates and click on "use points". Today that option was not there. The Moana Waikiki showed at 16000 points per night. I figured it might be a slow time of year so lower points. When I called, the girl said it was 20,000 per night and that they've been having issues with the website. It appears they always have issues, if one thing works, another does not. How can they get away with incorrect information on their own boards?
Old Dec 30, 17, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
I haven't been on the SPG website for some time, but signed in today. I was looking for Honolulu hotel stays on points. You used to be able to put in your destination, dates and click on "use points". Today that option was not there. The Moana Waikiki showed at 16000 points per night. I figured it might be a slow time of year so lower points. When I called, the girl said it was 20,000 per night and that they've been having issues with the website. It appears they always have issues, if one thing works, another does not. How can they get away with incorrect information on their own boards?
Were you booking for 5 nights? If so, the 5th night is free and the points shown on the web-site is the average points per night averaging in the fifth night free.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 30, 17, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Click on the "compare rates" tab - it's not that complicated
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 31, 17, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain View Post

Were you booking for 5 nights? If so, the 5th night is free and the points shown on the web-site is the average points per night averaging in the fifth night free.
We have a winner!

Search this Thread