Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Multiple Travelers Names TBD - Best Method of Booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

I am a corporate pilot. When assigned a trip I will be with 2-3 other crew members. However who those other people are aren't known until a couple days prior to arrival in the city.

We are all SPG platinum. What is the best method for me to make reservations for them well in advance without knowing their names, and still have everyone be able to use mobile check in and ensure the hotel knows there are 4 platinums showing up, not just 1.

Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:56 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I’d reach out to the hotel manager or sales department in advance and see if they can assist. Otherwise, I’d book all rooms under your name and let the chips fall where they may.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
The property would be my first contact. If this will be a repetitive event, I'm sure they will make a good deal (our corporate pilots had rooms reserved and allowed to leave belongings between trips).

If that doesn't work, Book the rooms under your account and then call SPG to change names as they are known. That should get you good rates (better rates should be possible from the property) and assure you of rooms being available.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could also reach out to above via existing management contact at other SPG hotel

check group sales options ?
good ambassador ?
also, perhaps bhrubin can comment, starwood's business sales regional offices ?

i would imagine hotels and business offices have a lot of experience with this
although that may be primarily at hotels located at / closest to airports
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’d reach out to the hotel manager or sales department in advance and see if they can assist. Otherwise, I’d book all rooms under your name and let the chips fall where they may.
This
in my own experience, I have been traveling someone where with the intent of meeting up with my girlfriend. WE plan our travel so that I get into town first, and sort out a room and so on. Sometimes I'll be delayed, possibly even overnight. By adding her to the reservation I have never had a problem with her checking in without me, even when she got added shortly before checkin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.