Interior Lining Material: Rawhide/Suede-like material
Length at base: 8 inches
Length between widest points: 10 inches
Height: 6.5 inches
Width at base: 2 inches
Made in China

Thank You Card
Dear Member,

You really know how to live the SPG Life.

To celebrate an incredible year of your travels, please enjoy this exclusive gift to help keep your most important things together as you travel. It's just one way of saying thanks for choosing our hotels and resorts - you deserve it. You're an important part of SPG, and we look forward to being a part of your travels in the future.

Happy holidays, and here's to many more adventures in the New Year.

- Your friends at SPG
The originating sender address shows as
7200 93rd Ave North, Unit 140
Minneapolis, MN 55445

Is this targeted? To whom?
Anecdotal accounts in this thread show that majority of recipients are LTP, but not all LTP have received it at this point.
Reports here indicate the package/gift is not confined to USA.

Also, some members, such as schley, reported receiving a different package as described below:

Originally Posted by schley
I got a nice package with 3 different jars of spreads. Honey, and 2 jams I believe. It came with a nice handwritten card thanking me for my loyalty and that this year I should hit my 10th year and become lifetime platinum. Very nice gesture and much appreciated.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29252939-post40.html
Print Wikipost

Holiday Gift Pouch from SPG

Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Mine arrived just before Christmas.

We also got a cute 'Starwood Preferred Baby' babygrow with a nice note from our (good) ambassador. Alas the babygrow all but disappeared on the first wash.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Received mine today. I haven't opened it yet and thought I'd take a look at FT first to see what it is.

Canadian address.
I do not have a SPG Amex card.
I am Lifetime Platinum. I have been Lifetime Platinum since the first day it was officially launched (went live, not just communicated) in 2012 (or was it 2013?).
I missed out on Ambassador by a few nights in 2017 (in the area of 94 nights).
The pouch I received does not have any indication of Amex. There is not Amex-related business card.

The originating sender address shows as:
7200 93rd Ave North, Unit 140
Minneapolis, MN 55445

Sent via International Priority Mail, US Postage Paid

The label on the front has my full name, address, and even my full SPG number (not sure why they would include the full SPG number).

I think it's a nice gesture, but I see that this has been a polarizing issue.

Last edited by yyznomad; Jan 8, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:15 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
It would be a nice gesture if everyone got one. Alas... I would also like to point out that the lurkers were silent on that.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by uxb
It would be a nice gesture if everyone got one. Alas... I would also like to point out that the lurkers were silent on that.
When you say "everyone", do you mean all Platinum members (not just LTP), or all members in general (including non-status), or Gold and Platinum... etc.?

Last edited by yyznomad; Jan 8, 2018 at 5:45 pm Reason: I meant to say "everyone" instead of "all".
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
When you say "all", do you mean all Platinum members (not just LTP), or all members in general (including non-status), or Gold and Platinum... etc.?
Or perhaps all earthlings
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:21 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
When you say "everyone", do you mean all Platinum members (not just LTP), or all members in general (including non-status), or Gold and Platinum... etc.?
I honestly dont know who it was meant for anymore, but if it was meant for only LTPs then that. Ive been excluded from all of these gifts for the last five or so years.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, perhaps my "personal taste" of Isaia suits, Ermenegildo Zegna pocket squares, and Tateossian cufflinks are too low brow for some here, but I don't think the pouch is that bad!

Yes, it's made in China.

However, the material and quality seem to me as pretty good. Even the inner lining material is some nice soft rawhide.

I guess I'm the only one here that actually likes it.
AJLondon likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uxb

I honestly dont know who it was meant for anymore, but if it was meant for only LTPs then that. Ive been excluded from all of these gifts for the last five or so years.
If you're posting here about your disappointment (and if you have voiced similar disappointment on FT regarding not getting gifts in the past that other LTPs have received), then have you reached out to the Platinum Concierge desk, or your Ambassador (if you have one)?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by schley
I got a nice package with 3 different jars of spreads. Honey, and 2 jams I believe. It came with a nice handwritten card thanking me for my loyalty and that this year I should hit my 10th year and become lifetime platinum. Very nice gesture and much appreciated.
Could this gift be from an Ambassador?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Received the gift pouch in S'pore yesterday. Like (many?) others, I appreciated the gesture, but not really impressed; the wife was even less impressed, maybe even scathing.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
All my ambassador gifts are clearly signed or indicated that its from the ambassador... would be interesting to know if this (the spread jars) was ambassador related!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Haven't received it (plat75, Europe)
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Got mine today in one of my Asia offices. I thought it was a nice gesture. Perhaps we are low brow, but my wife and I liked it - useful when traveling my wife said. I do not currently have Ambassador status. I am LTP. First time I can remember ever getting anything in mail from Starwood aside from LTP package and gifts from Ambassador when I had one.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't have an ambassador and although hand written it was signed the SPG team if I remember correctly. I am NOT a lifetime Plat although this year is my 10th year and will hit it.

It was a very nice gift and the jars weren't small, like a medium sized jam/jelly jar. Very much appreciated.

FYI I have a US mailing address on my SPG account.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I guess I'm the only one here that actually likes it.
i like it too....i'm using it to keep all my phone, ipad, laptop chargers in one place when i travel....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.